Regardless of the application, ASD is capable of providing a fiber optic cable that best matches the customer’s analysis requirements.
ASD offers cables in two types, PVC and ruggedized, with a stainless steel cover.
The PVC cable is mostly sufficient for a number of applications; however the ruggedized cable offers advantages for those who are performing research in a more challenging environment.
Some benefits of each type are listed below.
- Easy to clean
- The cable is flexible and easy to operate in different positions – however, bear in mind to not overstretch or crush the cable
- The PVC sheath helps maintain the fiber optic cable from getting crimped or pinched, which can crush the fibers inside and result in loss of signal
- A Kevlar fiber is embedded in the cable, which helps prevent the cable from pulling on the fibers if stretched
- An interlocking sheath is provided to help prevent the cable from stretching when the cable is pulled lengthwise
- A much stronger bond between the stainless steel tip and the SMA connector and the metal sheath at the instrument connection
A range of lengths and bundle sizes, with the connectors specific to the system and accessories, are available.