Malvern Panalytical has introduced a robust, versatile, high-performance instrument called the Zetasizer Pro. This is an ideal instrument to quantify different types of samples and concentrations.
Thanks to the Non-Invasive Back Scatter (NIBS) optical design, the Zetasizer Pro offers high sensitivity and broad dynamic concentration capability. Users can easily measure molecular size, molecular weight, particle size, zeta potential, and electrophoretic mobility.
Furthermore, the Adaptive Correlation feature reduces the duration of measurement and provides a better understanding of samples, resulting in improved sample throughput. With the deep learning-based data quality system, users can be rest assured that their data is the best it can be.
The optical filter wheel helps quantify fluorescent samples without affecting the sensitivity of the overall instrument.
Advance with Confidence: Malvern Panalytical’s new Zetasizer Pro and Zetasizer Ultra
Video Credit: Malvern Panalytical
Features and Benefits
The Zetasizer Pro allows even beginners to create the highest-quality measurements. The instrument benefits from the following:
- Electrophoretic light scattering (ELS) quantifies the zeta potential of molecules and particles, denoting the stability and/or propensity of the samples to aggregate
- Dynamic light scattering (DLS) quantifies the molecule size and particle size ranging between 0.3 and 10 µm
- M3-PALS equipped with Constant Current Mode allows users to measure electrophoretic mobility and zeta potential
- NIBS optics enables versatile and high-sensitivity measurements of particle size, molecular size, and molecular weight
- Adaptive Correlation allows faster and more reproducible sizing measurements with minimal sample preparation
- ZS Xplorer software suite is provided for flexible and easy method configuration and data analysis
- Optical filter wheel with fluorescence filter helps measure fluorescent samples without affecting the sensitivity of the overall system; it also features polarization filters for DDLS measurements
- Deep learning-based data quality system allows users to assess all kinds of size data quality problems, with clear advice on how to enhance results
- Comes in Red Label and Blue Label models:
- The Red Label variant is suitable for more complex sample types, like proteins, low solid content samples, and surfactant solutions
- The Blue Label variant is suitable for routine analysis of samples, like pigments, metal oxides, and metallic colloids
- An array of reusable and disposable cells are available to improve the measurement in terms of the volume and concentration of samples
- The optional MPT-3 Autotitrator helps study the impact of pH changes
- Users can upgrade to Zetasizer Ultra on-site, based on their requirements
The Zetasizer Pro is employed in the following applications:
The Zetasizer Pro serves as a crucial analytical tool for several academic laboratories around the world. It is used in all kinds of applications that involve zeta potential analysis and molecular or particle size analysis. The scope of applications covered by the Zetasizer systems, combined with an unlimited number of scientific citations, has earned these instruments an important space in several scientific faculties.
Differences in external temperature, molecule concentration, time, and agitation level collectively affect the stability of biological molecules. Instabilities mostly lead to aggregation and denaturation of molecules, through which they tend to lose their biological role and trigger an immune reaction, thus restricting their therapeutic viability.
Therefore, factors that affect immunogenicity and therapeutic efficacy should be tracked all through the development pipeline, particularly at early phases to remove the risk of the biological drug molecule and restrict late-stage failures.
The Zetasizer series offers stability and excellent quality, denoting data for biological drug molecules in a short period of time, and allowing users to implement this measurement all through the development pipeline.
Food and Drink
The Zetasizer systems are used for studying particle size and zeta potential to enhance the taste and appearance of flavorings, foods, and drinks, and improve emulsion and dispersion stability to extend the shelf life of products as well as enhance their performance.
Zetasizer measurements of size distribution, stability, dispersion properties, and aggregation tendency of nanoparticle are important to the design of novel nanomaterials.
The extremely large surface area of these materials may lead to new chemical and physical properties, like enhanced solubility, better catalytic activity, or unexpected toxicological or optical behavior.
Paints, Inks, and Coatings
Paint, coating, and ink formulations should be stable to maintain them in an optimum state over time without any sign of aggregation or change. Particle size and zeta potential, quantified by the Zetasizer instruments, have a crucial role to play in ascertaining the properties of a specific product, like strength, color, dispersibility, shelf life, durability, and finish.
The precise particle size and zeta potential can help guarantee the development of effective therapeutics, which are delivered in a safe manner. In addition, the Zetasizer instruments are used to define the quality and stability of creams, emulsions, and dispersions; decreasing formulation time; and expediting innovative products to market.
Zetasizer Pro—Providing Precise Measurement of Particle and Molecular Size