The Micromeritics SAS developed as a direct and superior successor to the commonly used Fisher Model 95 Sub-Sieve Sizer (FSSS), has optimized the FSSS’s performance by providing user-friendly automated functions along with electronically recorded data.
The SAS is engineered to produce “Fisher number” results very consistent with that of its predecessor (the Fisher FSSS). This is a critical point, as the air permeability method and the FSSS have been used as a yardstick for several years in numerous industries. A number of applications use historical data and quality control standards, and a contemporary source of comparable, repeatable results is essential.
What is Air-permeability Particle Sizing?
The air-permeability method is proven for measurement of the Specific Surface Area (SSA) of a sample powder. The SSA measured by this technique has been found to be a beneficial parameter in several industries such as paints, metal coatings, pharmaceutical, and even geological samples.
The SAS employs dual pressure transducers to measure pressure decline across a full bed of powder. By differing the sample height and porosity while regulating the flow rate of air via the sample, the SSA and average particle size can be established using the Kozeny-Carman equation.
- Superior software – Sets a universal standard for data acquisition and handling, instrument operation, reporting, and systems integration.
- Quick and easy set-up – Basic step by step arrangement, easy to follow; guaranteeing that parameters are not ignored
- Real-time data display – Data can be viewed as it is acquired streamlining technique development
- Fisher mapping – Improves data agreement with modifiable Fisher correlation
- ASTM approval – Fully compliant with ASTM B330-12 and C721-14 standards for particle sizing of silica, alumina, and metal powders and connected compounds
- Fully automated analysis – Sample compaction and pressure stability are computer regulated for high repeatability
- Report generation – Automatically produces PDF reports with tailored company logos and typestyles
- Security features – Optional password protection ties samples to user IDs and safeguards configuration parameters plans from unauthorized alterations
- Height: 55 cm (21.7 in)
- Width: 50 cm (19.7 in)
- Depth: 38 cm (15 in)
- Weight: 28 kg (61.7 lb)
- Size Range: 0.5 – 75 µm
- Voltage: 120 – 240 VAC
- Frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
- Current: 1A
- Porosity Range: 0.2 – 0.9
- Compression Accuracy: <0.05 mm