The Sync particle analyzer launched by Microtrac MRB is the first-ever particle size and shape analyzer to combine laser diffraction technology with dynamic image analysis. Sync allows users to obtain their tried and tested particle size distribution in combination with particle morphology in one, user-friendly graphical user interface.
The Sync investigates particles, dry or wet, using laser light while the images are simultaneously captured by a high-speed digital camera. The FLEX software from Microtrac MRB processes the collected data and delivers the particle size and shape information to the users.
The Sync is the best-suited analyzer for an extensive range of dry and wet applications, such as ceramics, metal powders, batteries, proppants, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, coatings, glass beads, cement, paints, industrial minerals, additives, toner, and many more.
- Laser diffraction and image analysis combined in the same instrument
- Measurement ranging between 0.01 and 4,000 μm
- Users can switch between dry and wet measurement in a simple way
- State-of-the-art design for unmatched dispersion of dry or wet material
- Robust reporting combines data related to the size and shape of particles
- Synchronous size and shape analysis
- Compact bench footprint
- User-friendly, integrated DIA and LD FLEX software
Advantages of Sync
- Using the “View Particles” option, users can observe particles and qualify more comprehensively than ever before.
- Troubleshooting time is considerably reduced when particle size is different from the expected size.
- User-friendly aspect and quick changeover from dry to wet allow sites with several users to just click and go when working with different materials—learning curve not required and setup time is not needed with SOPs.
- Since particle shape can vary and has an effect on particle performance, users’ product can now be defined in a more comprehensive and effective way, by making use of both size and shape parameters.
- Quality control can be optimized by adding shape to users’ size specifications
- Same bench, same sample, same sample cell, same flow path—single run delivers PSD with over 30 size and shape parameters.
Particle size and shape analyzer SYNC - Microtrac MRB