HORIBA Scientific’s Synapse CCD and EMCCD scientific cameras are designed to assist in highly challenging spectroscopic measurements, ranging from Raman to single molecule spectroscopy.
The Synapse CCD and EMCCD scientific cameras are compact, and interface seamlessly with HORIBA’s Jobin Yvon spectrometers, providing a highly innovative spectroscopy package that can be applied in any experiment.
The main features of the Synapse CCD and EMCCD cameras are as follows:
- High sensitivity and low noise – These cameras are the next generation in detection electronics. They offer an advanced level of sensitivity and a very low level of noise, paramount for photon starved applications such as transient spectroscopy and detection of single photon molecules.
- Deep thermoelectric cooling - The CCD Synapse camera can be cooled to -95°C, enabling minor dark current contribution for experiments needing prolonged integration time. The sensor is fitted in a hermetically-sealed, single window vacuum chamber to offer maximum cooling performance and maintenance-free service life. HORIBA also offers the Synphony II, a liquid nitrogen cooled camera reaching temperatures of - 133°C, for even lower dark current noise.
- Signal linearity - The cameras can provide excellent signal linearity over the whole dynamic range to enable signal quantification.
- Anti-fringing and QE enhancement coating - Both the Synapse CCD and EMCCD are equipped with anti-fringing and quantum efficiency enhancement technology.
- Built-in shutter driver - The Synapse is a spectroscopic CCD, useing a shutter to control exposure time and to execute dark subtraction for correct spectral acquisitions. Unlike other CCD cameras that need an additional module, the Synapse CCD has a shutter drive circuit, designed for speedy connection to a shutter and accurate data collection from the first acquisition.
- Auxiliary signal input - The Synapse CCD offers next level spectroscopic data acquisition flexibility. It provides an input for a separate voltage or current signal, such as a silicon photodiode, PMT, or InGaAs solid state detector. HORIBA offers this extra capability as standard on all Synapse CCDs, free of charge.