The SmartSPM Scanning Probe Microscope available from HORIBA Scientific is the first fully automated instrument that provides its innovative technology of ultra-fast, metrological and high-resolution measurements for the most sophisticated materials research at the nanoscale in all STM and AFM modes.
With the SmartSPM capable of zooming in from large up to 100 µm, it has been feasible to realize overview scans down to atomic resolution. It has been designed such that it can be easily combined with optical spectroscopies (Raman, SNOM, Photoluminescence, and TERS/SERS methods).
Automation of Operation/Ease of Use
- Completely automated laser to photodiode alignment (user click-on-spot is not needed)
- Swapping of probes is easier than ever before
- Very fast system tuning prior to starting measurements
- Completely automated configuration for the most standard AFM modes
- Vibration isolation is not required for basic measurements
- A single 100 µm scanner delivers large scans as well as going down to atomic or molecular resolution
- The lowest noise closed-loop sensors can be used even during molecular resolution imaging to obtain the most precise results
- Scanner resonant frequencies of >7 kHz in XY and >15 kHz in Z are the highest in the current AFM sector
- Enhanced scanner control algorithms enable scanning much faster than ever before
All SPM Modes Included as well as Nanolithography with no Extra Units and Costs
- Kelvin probe microscopy, nanolithography, piezoresponse force microscopy, and nanomanipulation are all added into the basic package
Flexibility to Upgrade to AFM-Raman
- The SmartSPM has been engineered from the ground up for appropriate and easy coupling with Raman systems