Metrohm’s 875 KF gas analyzer is an advanced instrument designed for automatic coulometric water content determination in both permanent and liquefied gases. This sturdy analyzer operates on the principle of automated coulometric Karl Fischer titration to determine trace amounts water in gases and is suitable for standard laboratory usage.
The 875 KF gas analyzer is controlled by Metrohm’s tiamoTM, a control and database software. This software ensures full integration and control of all components. The analyzer is coupled with an analysis module and a control unit. The analysis module is provided with a mounting board for three other components: a water analysis cell, a gas handling system and an integral coulometer that handles all the required analysis steps in an automatic manner.
A mass flow controller ensures precise gas flow measurement, and magnetic valves ensure a completely automated measuring process. An integral evaporator for liquefied gases, an oil filter for removing residual oil, and an inlet filter for filtering out particles are also provided.
The base plate of the analyzer, which is mounted behind a hood, contains all the components of gas conveyance and preparation along with the coulometer cell. There is a nitrogen feed line equipped with a drying cartridge for pre-drying and checking valves.
If the piping system in the 875 KF gas analyzer contains any sample residue and water, it can be rinsed out using dry nitrogen. The coulometric reagent absorbs the water and it is determined by Karl Fischer titration.
In the coulometric process, titration uses iodine which is produced by anodic oxidation, and then the water content is determined. In the case of determining liquefied gases, the samples are subjected to a controlled vaporization process, and then passed on for sample determination.
The key features of Metrohm’s 875 KF gas analyzer are listed below:
- Robust construction comprising high-quality parts which can be customized to suit user’s requirements
- Gas-carrying unit and electronic area are kept separate to ensure safety
- High flexibility and pressures up to 40bar
- Solenoid valves enable automated analysis process
- Venting bypass enables pressure release during gas change
- Extensive data management is possible with tiamo™
- The base plate’s gas system is pressure-tested
- Default analytical techniques with gas feed and pre-and post-flushing phase
- All components (except for TFT panel) are contained in a single housing
- Industrial PC and TFT panel (optional)
The applications of the 875 KF gas analyzer include measurement of water content in a wide range of liquid gases:
- Propane, propene, butane, butene, butadiene, LPG
- Refrigerants: various HFC, CFC, CFC
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons: ethyl chloride, vinyl chloride, methyl chloride
- Dimethyl ether, ethylene oxide
- New and contaminated refrigerants containing refrigeration oils
Image Gallery for 875 Karl Fischer Gas Analyzer
Coulometric water determination in liquid and permanent gases