Metrohm’s 894 Professional CVS is designed for use in the electroplating sector to handle large sample loads and changing applications. The made-to-measure CVS instrument’s automation options, modular design and viva software enable personalized method development as well as several other advantages.
The 894 Professional CVS is equipped with an integrated calibrator and a newly designed potentiostat/galvanostat, which make the instrument highly sensitive and assures precise and reliable results.
It is possible to select different electrode packs and construct the system with numerous automation and liquid handling options. Furthermore, manual operation as well as fully automated operation is possible.
By using Metrohm’s Dosinos for automatic dosing of sample and solutions, the 894 Professional CVS minimizes user interaction. Pumps for automatic rinsing can complete the liquid handling of the system.
The 894 Professional CVS series is operated using Metrohm’s viva CVS software. It is a user-friendly software capable of handling a number of functions, such as management of sample data, data recording, instrument operation, and evaluation to results management in its own database.
The viva has pre-programmed methods that can cover standard applications. The viva software can automatically adapt the method settings to sample properties, thus enhancing the accuracy of results, improving method application range, and decreasing test time.
The main features of the 894 Professional CVS are listed below:
- Small instrument footprint
- Modular design allows customization of the instrument according to the needs of a particular application
- Customized liquid handling is possible with pumps, dosing units and level sensors
- Viva allows intuitive and problem-focused method programming with its in-built method editor
- Exchangeable measuring head for rapid and easy switching between applications
- System can be upgraded to any degree of automation to provide additional convenience and measurement security
- Level sensors (optional) can be used for transmitting timely warnings when waste containers are full, thus avoiding overflow
Metrohm’s 894 Professional CVS can be used to determine levellers, suppressors, or brighteners in electroplating baths.