The Autolab PGSTAT204 is a space-saving modular instrument, and is an answer to the space constraint issue in several advanced research laboratories. The PGSTAT204 weighs 4.1kg (9lbs), and has a footprint of 15 by 26cm (5.9 by 10in).
Metrohm Autolab also offers another compact, entry-level potentiostat/galvanostat - the PGSTAT101 with a footprint of only 9 by 21cm (3.5 by 8.3in) and weight of just 2.1kg (4.6lbs).
Therefore, these instruments are easily portable, making them the most suitable routine all-round potentiostats/galvanostats for a lab.
Although these instruments have reduced size, Metrohm has not compromised on quality. They are provided with analog and digital inputs/out to allow interfacing with Autolab accessories and external devices.
The powerful NOVA software controls the operations of the instruments and provides complete flexibility to plan and design experimental procedures.
These instruments are ideal for the most basic electrochemical research applications. With the help of the in-built integrator, users can also conduct coulometric measurements and current integration cyclic voltammetry.
The main features of the Autolab PGSTAT204 are given below:
- Compact, lightweight and easily portable
- Economical choice for electrochemical research
- Flexible software control
- Compliance voltage of 20V and a maximum current of 400mA
- Complete range of accessories
- FRA32M electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) module can be added
- Can be interfaced to any external instrument