The 940 Professional IC Vario is designed for research and advanced method development. It is a highly versatile ion chromatograph providing users with the ultimate flexibility to address any challenge in ion chromatography.
With the availability of the appropriate sample preparation, the proper extension for liquid handling, suppression, or neutralization, and the right detector based on a comprehensive modular system, the 940 Professional IC Vario can help determine the parameters and the properties of the sample matrix of interest.
It is possible to adapt and/or expand the 940 Professional IC Vario system at any time by means of a range of extension modules and other upgrade options, for instance, multi-channel analysis or inline eleuent preparation. Therefore, setting up an AnCat system is possible to identify the complete ionic content of samples of interest in a single run.
MagIC Net controls the 940 Professional IC Vairo system as well as any peripheral modules for liquid handling and automation. The proven Metrohm ion chromatography software also facilitates data management that includes recording of results generated and reporting the data as per the requirement of the users.
Main Features and Benefits
The following are the key features and benefits of the 940 Professional IC Vario:
- Straightforward automation for high sample throughput
- Can be integrated into any of the Metrohm Inline Sample Preparation techniques
- Multi-channel analysis possible (two, three, or more channels)
- Smart injection techniques
- No limits to system configuration and any type of column, gradient, liquid handling, suppression, or detection can be used
- All system and method parameters can be checked against any limit values
- Instruments and their functional parameters can be checked and integrated in the method
- Results can be monitored and traced back to every single step of the analysis
- If any parameter goes beyond a defined limit, a message will be triggered as plain text format
- Automated inline eluent preparation eliminates manual working steps, provides contamination-free working, and ensures stable retention times
- Based on the analytical requirement, it is possible to select appropriate gradient option, including dose-in gradient, low-pressure gradient, and high-pressure gradient, thereby speeding up analyses
- Suppressor Treatment with Reused Eluent After Measuring (STREAM) utilizes the suppressed eluent for rinsing the regenerated suppressor unit after the detection step, thus reducing chemical consumption and generating less liquid waste
- STREAM also facilitates non-stop system operation for at least two weeks or even for more longer period, if the user relies on inline preparation of the regenerant
- Automation enables higher throughput and better results
- "MiPT" Metrohm intelligent Partial-Loop Injection, for instance, utilizes a variable injection volume to cover a sample measuring range that extends across four orders of magnitude, thus enabling analysis of samples in the range of 10µg/L to 100mg/L in a single calibration