Metrohm’s 884 Professional VA is a specially designed instrument for voltammetry/polarography and cyclic voltammetric stripping (CVS) measurements.
Metrohm’s years of expertise in voltammetry ensures that this latest instrument has better convenience, flexibility and security.
The 884 Professional VA is provided with an exchangeable measuring head. It can be easily prepared for a different method within a few seconds, thereby allowing it to be adopted for multiple applications requiring different electrodes.
The instrument has a built-in, certified calibrator, which regulates the potentiostat prior to each measurement. The measurements are not affected by changing ambient conditions, such as temperature and humidity.
It is possible to integrate Metrohm Dosinos, sample changers and pumps to the 884 Professional VA system, thereby enabling the automatation of dosing of samples and reagents, sample changing, and rinsing of the sample vessel.
The viva software enables changing of the method settings to the sample properties automatically during analysis, which enhances precision and reliability of the results and expands the method application range.
All-inclusive systems are offered by Metrohm for semi-automated and fully automated voltammetry or CVS analyses.
The main features of the 884 Professional VA are listed below:
- Compact, space-saving instrument
- Highly modular system to meet any analytical requirements
- Powerful dedicated viva software
- Exchangeable measuring head
- Allows manual analyses to be performed
- Solutions can be added automatically
- Routine determinations can be performed fully automatically
The 884 Professional VA can be used to analyze:
- Trace levels of several elements such as cadmium, lead, cobalt, nickel and iron, in salts, sea water, and high-purity chemicals
- Organic additives, e.g., suppressors, levellers and brighteners in electroplating solutions (by CVS)
- Additives and impurities in electroplating solutions
- Copper and iron in boiler feed water
- Many transition metal ions in water samples
- Ultra-trace levels of metal species in sea water and others