The Multi Autolab is based on the compact Autolab PGSTAT204. The multi channel potentiostat/galvanostat comprises of a Multi Autolab Cabinet that can be equipped with 12 M204 modules. Different measurements can be performed on each channel simultaneously because every M204 module acts as a fully independent potentiostat/galvanostat.
Available channels can be shared amongst multiple users by controlling the Multi Autolab using up to three different computers at the same time. The availability of a wide choice of optional modules complements the Multi Autolab instruments.
Up to six optional modules can be coupled. It is possible to couple every M204 module to an optional module in the device. Installing additional M204 modules or optional modules can be done at any time.
The Multichannel instruments are based on the PGSTAT101 and the PGSTAT204, comprising of a mainframe featuring up to 12 channels. As every channel is an independent potentiostat/galvanostat module, a single instrument can be used to carry out up to 12 measurements on as many separate electrochemical cells.
The following are the key features of the Multichannel instruments:
- Maximum of 12 potentiostat/galvanostat channels in a single instrument
- Comprehensive range of accessories
- Modular design
- Shared control of the device
- Can be interfaced to any external instrument
- Flexible software control
- A Multichannel Line instrument allows users to integrate up to 12 potentiostat/galvanostat modules (M101 or M204) and extension modules in a single instrument. A customized system can be configured as per the research requirements. Every module has the ability to conduct measurements in an individual measuring cell.
- Multichannel line potentiostats/galvanostats can be controlled through the NOVA software and like any other Metrohm Autolab instrument; they can be interfaced to any external instrument. Three different computers can be used to control these modules.
- Whenever required, the functionality of the Multichannel Line system can be expanded further with the addition of extension modules. A total six optional modules can be coupled to the Multichannel system, and every module is controlled by an M101 or M204 module.
Optional modules include:
- FRA32M module to perform electrochemical impedance spectroscopy measurements
- BOOSTER10A module for use in high-current applications
- MUX module to perform sequential experiments on multiple working electrodes or multiple cells
- BA module (dual-mode bipotentiostat module) transforms the instrument into a double-channel potentiostat to perform measurements on two working electrodes with the same reference and counter electrodes
- pX1000 module to perform pX and pH value measurements during electrochemical analyses. The additional Pt1000 input allows for temperature measurement
- EQCM module (Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance) for measuring the mass change per unit area by determining the resonant frequency changes in quartz crystal oscillator