Testometric’s twin-column, heavy duty, floor standing XFS100 Universal Testing Machine has complete computer control and includes a precision AC servo drive system. The Universal Testing Machine, featuring a high rigidity load frame with an accurate crosshead guidance system, can handle even the most demanding test applications of up to 100 kN.
Table 1. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Force Capacity kN
||Better than +/- 0.5% of reading down
to 1/1000th of load cell capacity
|Crosshead travel mm*
|Vertical space mm*
|Position Control Resolution mm
|Distance between columns mm*
|Minimum Speed mm/min
|Maximum Speed mm/min
||+/- 0.1% under stable conditions
|Max force at full speed kN
|Max speed at full load mm/min
|Data Acquisition Rate (at PC)
||500 Hz as standard (optional 1000 Hz)
||Ethernet (or USB via adaptor)
||Twin column, floor standing with diagonally
opposed ball screws and guide rods
|Frame Stiffness kN/mm
|Operating Temperature °C
||0 to +55
||90% relative humidity or less
||3 Phase 380/400 V
* Extended travel and wide-frame versions available on request.
Made to Measure
The XFS100 Universal Testing Machine is a complete digital testing system with high precision control and accuracy. It allows automated computer control of testing techniques that enable ease of operation.
- High-resolution load cells with accuracies better than +/−0.5% as low as 1/1000th of the capacity of load cells
- Automatic detection of extensometers and load cells, along with on-device storage of calibration parameters
- Software calibration check facility allows immediate verification of machine precision
- Has an 800% overload capability of load cells without any kind of damage
- Highly efficient, pre-loaded, self-cleaning ballscrews allow quick and noise-free testing; equipped with sealed-for-life lubricated end bearings
- Overtravel, overload and impact protection
- Integral load cell cable routing included in the machine column prevents snagging and avoids damage to cables
- Crosshead guidance system ensures a smooth operation and allows accurate alignment
- Small footprint design ensures the economy of floor space
- Precision crosshead control through a brushless servo motor and digital AC servo drive allows 23-bit positional control and a maintenance-free operation
- High-speed data collection systems provide up to four synchronous channels
- Includes six I/O channels for extra devices, like calipers, micrometers, balances, extensometers, etc.
- Include an extensive range of contacting and non-contacting extensometers
- High stiffness loading frames provided with precision ground measuring 50 mm diameter steel guide rods as well as rigid extruded support columns equipped with T-slots are available for accessory mounting
- Telescopic covers provide extra safety to ballscrews from dust and testing debris
- A wide range of grips and fixtures are available for compression, tension, shear, peel, flexural, product testing, etc.
(1) Available at additional cost. Machine can alternatively be controlled using a standard PC or laptop (not supplied). (2) Machine shown with HG300 heavy-duty hydraulic grips (available separately). Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Table 2. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Overall Width ‘A’ (excluding touchscreen)
|Overall Height ‘C’
|Distance between columns ‘D’
|Spigot Ø E
|Spigot Pin Ø F
Notes: All dimensions are in millimeters. Dimensions are based on standard models, and extended/wide-frame versions are available on request.
Large range of grips and fixtures available. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
High speed modular electronics. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Comprehensive range of extensometry. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Built for Precision
Better than Grade 0.5 EN 7500-11specifications; conforms to DIN 51221, ASTM E-4, and AFNOR A03-501 standards; is universally calibrated; offers a minimum range of 0.4% to 100%; automatically identifies load cells; protects electronic load cells; has a resolution of 1 part in 500000.
This includes a full frame length to the highest resolution of 0.000001 mm (selectable), provides an accuracy of +/−0.01 mm, and includes relative, absolute and auxiliary modes in inch, mm and percent.
Offers best-in-class, low speed performance with speeds down to 0.00001 mm/ minute. Protection for drive system temperature and current is available.
This is a rigid frame, using a rigid extruded support column and precision ground steel guide rods. Frame stiffness is up to 2000 kN/mm plus a built-in K factor facility. Other features include a re-circulating ballscrew with bellows, total travel trips, electronic limit trips and customer-programmable safety stops.
A modular electronics system allows rapid data transfer to the computer (up to 1000Hz) through a high-speed Ethernet connection. Comprehensive input options enable the connection of a broad range of accessories and extensometers through easy plug in interface modules.
Elaborate safety features guarantee the highest levels of operator safety, such as programmable extension limits, E-Stop, and overload and impact detection. Fully complies with universal safety directives, such as 2006/42/EU Machinery Directive, 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive and 2014/30/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive.
Optional Touchscreen Panel PC
When coupled with the optional IPC3 industrial-grade Panel computer with touchscreen control, the machine turns into a rugged, independent system without the necessity for a laptop or external computer.
Running a complete version of Testometric’s winTest software and using the advanced Windows 10 operating system, the system enables complete control of the test machine and offers storage and access to unrestricted test methods and results.
The integrated mounting arm, which is fixed to the machine column T-Slots, is completely adjustable for reach, height and viewing angle, enabling the user to determine the most ergonomic working position.
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
- Display 15.6″ 1366 x 768-panel resistive touch screen with dirt repellent, anti-reflective screen protection
- QM87 Chipset, 4 x USB3.0, 3 x COM ports [RS232] and 2 x GigaLAN
- 2.5″ 250 GB, Solid State Disk (SSD) and SATA III 6 GB/second
- CPU-i5-4300M Intel Core i5 Processor, 2.6 GHz.
- 4 GB, 1600 MHz SODIMM DDR3 204-pin
Tried and Tested Software
All Testometric models are delivered with Testometric’s comprehensive winTest Analysis software package.
The winTest Analysis software package is a product of several years of constant development, offering an intuitive and flexible software package to suit all kinds of material testing. Built-in test methods cover tensile, peel, shear, compression, cyclic, flexural, tear, creep and multi-stage tests.
The software includes an extensive range of industry-standard test methods and the ability to make and store an unrestricted number of more test techniques. All test data are automatically stored and can be easily exported to other software packages, like Excel, Word, Access and SPC systems for improved report generation.
By adding the RCE remote connection option, all machines can be directly web-linked to Testometric for remote analysis, tracking and software upgrades.
Real-time test screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Test analysis screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd