Testometric has launched a heavy duty, twin column, floor standing Universal Testing Machine called XFS1000 that includes a precision AC servo drive system and offers complete computer control. Featuring a high rigidity load frame with an accurate crosshead guidance system, the Universal Testing Machine can handle the most challenging test applications up to 1000 kN.
Table 1. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Force Capacity kN
||Better than +/- 0.5% of reading down
to 1/1000th of load cell capacity
|Crosshead travel mm*
|Vertical space mm*
|Position Control Resolution mm
|Distance between columns mm*
|Minimum Speed mm/min
|Maximum Speed mm/min
||+/- 0.1% under stable conditions
|Max force at full speed kN
|Max speed at full load mm/min
|Data Acquisition Rate (at PC)
||500 Hz as standard (optional 1000 Hz)
||Ethernet (or USB via adaptor)
||Twin column, floor standing with diagonally
opposed ball screws and guide rods
|Frame Stiffness kN/mm
|Operating Temperature °C
||0 to +55
||90% relative humidity or less
||3 Phase 380/400 V
*Extended travel and wide frame versions available on request.
Made to Measure
The Universal Testing Machine is a complete digital testing system that provides high precision control and accuracy. Automated computer control of test techniques makes it easy to operate the machine.
- High resolution load cells with precisions better than +/−0.5% as low as 1/1000th of the capacity of load cells
- Software calibration check facility allows immediate verification of machine accuracy
- Automatic detection of extensometers and load cells along with on-device storage of calibration parameters
- Has an 800% overload capability of load cells without any kind of damage
- High efficient, pre-loaded, self-cleaning ballscrews allow quick and quiet testing; equipped with sealed-for-life lubricated end bearings
- Crosshead guidance system ensures a smooth operation and allows accurate alignment
- High speed data collection systems provide up to four synchronous channels
- Precision crosshead control through brushless servo motor and a digital AC servo drive provides and 23-bit positional control and a maintenance-free operation
- Six I/O channels are included for extra devices, like calipers, micrometers, balances, extensometers, etc.
- High stiffness loading frames comes with precision-ground 50-mm diameter steel guide rods as well as rigid extruded support columns fitted with T-slots are available for accessory mounting
- An extensive range of grips and fixtures for compression, tension, shear, peel, flexural, product testing, etc.
- Integral load cell cable routing included in the machine column prevents snagging and avoids damage to cables
- Overtravel, overload and impact protection
- Telescopic covers provide extra protection for ballscrews from dust and testing debris
- Small footprint design guarantees the economy of floor space
- An extensive range of non-contacting and contacting extensometers, including laser and video models, is available
(1) Available at additional cost. Machine can alternatively be controlled using a standard PC or laptop (not supplied). (2) Machine shown with HG300 heavy-duty hydraulic grips (available separately). Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Image Credit: Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Table 2. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Overall Width ‘A’ (excluding touchscreen)
|Overall Height ‘C’
|Distance between columns ‘D’
|Spigot Ø E
|Spigot Pin Ø F
Notes: All dimensions are in millimeters. Dimensions are based on standard models, and extended/wide frame versions are available on demand.
Large range of grips and fixtures available. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
High speed modular electronics. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Comprehensive range of extensometry. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Built for Precision
Better than Grade 0.5 EN 7500-11specifications; conforms to DIN 51221, ASTM E-4, and AFNOR A03-501 standards; is universally calibrated; offers a minimum range of 0.4% to 100%; automatically identifies load cells; provides a resolution of 1 part in 500,000 and protects electronic load cells.
This includes a full-frame length to the highest resolution of 0.000001 mm (selectable); provides an accuracy of +/−0.01 mm; and includes auxiliary, absolute and relative modes in percent, mm and inch.
Provides best-in-class, low speed performance with speeds as low as 0.00001 mm/minute and protects drive system temperature and current.
This is a rigid frame, using a rigid extruded support column and precision ground steel guide rods. Frame stiffness is up to 2000 kN/mm in addition to a built-in K factor facility. Other features include a re-circulating ballscrew with bellows; total travel trips, electronic limit trips and customer-programmable safety stops.
This is a modular electronics system that allows quick data transfer to the computer (up to 1000 Hz) through a high speed Ethernet connection. Through a wide range of input options, an array of accessories and extensometers can be connected through easy plug-in interface modules.
Comprehensive safety features, such as E-Stop, programmable extension limits, and overload/impact detection, ensure the highest levels of safety to operators. Fully complies with safety directives, like 2006/42/EU Machinery Directive, 2014/30/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive and 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive.
Optional Touchscreen Panel PC
While combined with the optional IPC3 industrial-grade Panel computer with touchscreen control, the machine turns into be a powerful, independent system without the requirement for a laptop or external computer.
Employing the latest Windows 10 operating system and running a complete version of Testometric’s winTest software package, the system enables full control of the test machine and offers storage and access to unrestricted test methods and results.
The incorporated mounting arm, fixed to the machine column T-Slots, can be fully adjusted for reach, height and viewing angle, enabling users to find the most ergonomic working position.
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
- CPU-i5-4300M Intel Core i5 Processor, 2.6 GHz
- Display 15.6″ 1366 x 768-panel resistive touch screen with dirt repellent, anti-reflective screen protection
- QM87 Chipset, 4 x USB3.0, 3 x COM ports [RS232] and 2 x GigaLAN
- 2.5″ 250 GB, Solid State Disk (SSD) and SATA III 6 GB/second
- 4 GB, 1600 MHz SODIMM DDR3 204-pin
Tried and Tested Software
All Testometric models are delivered with Testometric’s complete winTest Analysis software package
The outcome of several years of constant development, the winTest Analysis includes an intuitive and flexible software package to suit all kinds of material testing. Built-in test techniques cover compression, covering tensile, peel, flexural, shear, cyclic, tear, creep and multi-stage tests.
The software comprises an extensive range of industry- standard test techniques and the ability to produce and store an infinite number of further test techniques. All test data are automatically stored and can be easily exported to other software packages, like Word, Excel, Access and SPC systems for enhanced generation of reports.
Upon adding the RCE remote connection option, all machines can be directly web-linked to Testometric for remote analysis, tracking and software upgrades.
Real-time test screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Test analysis screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd