Testometric has introduced a floor standing Box Compression machine called XBC1000-25 that is integrated with a precision AC servo drive system and complete computer control. The machine has a rigid 4-column load frame with a lower plate fitted on four balanced load cells for better precision and tolerance of non-uniform loading.
Table 1. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Force Capacity kN
||Better than +/- 0.5% of reading down
to 1/1000th of load cell capacity
|Platen size mm
||1000 x 1000
|Max Platen Opening mm*
|Position Control Resolution mm
|Distance between columns mm
|Minimum Speed mm/min
|Maximum Speed mm/min
||+/- 0.1% under stable conditions
|Max force at full speed kN
|Max speed at full load mm/min
|Data Acquisition Rate (at PC)
||500 Hz as standard (optional 1000 Hz)
||Ethernet (or USB via adaptor)
||Four column configuration, floor standing
|Operating Temperature °C
||-10 to +40
||+10 to +90% non-condensing
||Dual input selectable 115 or 230 V, 1 ph 50/60 Hz
*Extended travel versions available on request.
Made to Measure
The Box Compression Machine is a completely digital testing system with high precision control and accuracy. It enables automated computer control of testing techniques to provide ease of operation.
- High resolution load cells with precisions better than +/−0.5% down to 1/1000th of the capacity of load cells
- Software calibration check facility allows immediate verification of machine precision
- Load cells and extensometers are automatically recognized and calibration parameters can be stored in the device
- Precision crosshead control through brushless servo motor and digital AC servo drive and provides 23-bit positional control and a maintenance-free operation
- Has an 800% overload capability of load cells without any kind of damage
- High speed data collection systems provide up to four synchronous channels
- High efficiency, pre-loaded, self-cleaning ballscrews allow quick and quiet testing; fitted with sealed-for-life lubricated end bearings
- Overtravel, overload and impact protection
- Telescopic covers provide extra protection for ballscrews against dust and testing debris
- Crosshead guidance system ensures a smooth operation and allows accurate alignment
- High stiffness loading frames with precision ground steel guide rods as well as rigid extruded support columns equipped with T-slots are available for accessory mounting
- Six I/O channels are included for extra devices, like micrometers, extensometers, calipers, balances, etc.
(1) Available at additional cost. Machine can alternatively be controlled using a standard PC or laptop (not supplied). Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Table 2. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Overall Width ‘A’ (excluding touchscreen)
|Overall Height ‘C’
|Distance between columns ‘D’
|Platen Width/Depth ‘E’
|Maximum Platen Opening ‘F’
Notes: All dimensions in millimeters. Dimensions are based on standard models, and extended/wide frame versions are available on request.
Large range of grips and fixtures available. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
High speed modular electronics. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Accessories according to ISO, ASTM and TAPPI standards. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Built for Precision
Better than Grade 0.5 EN 7500-1specifications; universally calibrated; conforms to DIN 51221 ASTM E-4 and AFNOR A03-501 standards; offers a minimum range of 0.4% to 100%, automatically identifies load cells; protects electronic load cells; and provides a resolution of 1 part in 500,000.
Offers a full-frame length to the highest resolution of 0.000001 mm (selectable); provides an accuracy of +/−0.01 mm, and includes relative, absolute and auxiliary modes in percent, millimeters and inch.
The system delivers best-in-class low speed performance with speeds as low as 0.00001 mm/minute and also protects against drive system temperature and current.
This is a rigid four column load frame that comes with precision crosshead guidance. Frame stiffness is up to 150 kN/mm, along with a built-in K factor facility. There are also other features, like re-circulating ballscrew with bellows, electronic limit trips, total travel trips and customer programmable safety stops.
Modular electronics system allows data to be transferred rapidly to the computer (up to 1000 Hz) through a high speed Ethernet connection. Wide input options help connect an extensive range of accessories and extensometers through easy plug-in interface modules.
Comprehensive safety features, such as E-Stop, overload/impact detection and programmable extension limits, guarantee the highest levels of operator safety. Fully complies with universal safety directives—2006/42/EU Machinery Directive, 2014/30/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive and 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive.
Optional Touchscreen Panel PC
While combined with the optional IPC3 industrial grade Panel PC with touchscreen control, the machine turns into a powerful, standalone system without the necessity for a laptop or external computer.
By using the latest Windows 10 operating system and running a complete version of Testometric’s winTest software package, the system enables full control of the test machine and allows storage and access to unrestricted test techniques and results.
The built-in mounting arm, fixed to the machine column T-Slots, is completely adjustable for reach, height and viewing angle enabling users to determine the most ergonomic working position.
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
- CPU-i5-4300M Intel Core i5 Processor, 2.6 GHz
- Display 15.6″ 1366 x 768-panel resistive touch screen with dirt repellent, anti-reflective screen protection
- QM87 Chipset, 4 x USB3.0 and 3 x COM ports [RS232], 2 x GigaLAN
- 4 GB, 1600 MHz SODIMM DDR3 204-pin
- 2.5″ 250 GB, Solid State Disk (SSD) and SATA III 6 GB/second
Tried and Tested Software
Every Testometric model is delivered with the extensive winTest Analysis software package.
The winTest Analysis software is a product of several years of continuous development, offering an intuitive and flexible software package to suit all kinds of material testing. Built-in test methods cover tensile, compression, flexural, peel, shear, cyclic, tear, creep and multi-stage tests.
The software contains a broad range of industry standard test methods and the capacity to make and store an unrestricted number of additional test methods. There is automated storage of all test data and comfort of export to other software packages like excel, word, access and SPC systems for improved report generation.
By adding the RCE remote connection option, all machines can be directly web-linked to Testometric for remote analysis, monitoring and software upgrades.
Real-time test screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Test analysis screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd