The XFS150 Universal Testing Machine from Testometric is a twin column, heavy duty, floor standing Universal Testing Machine provided with a precision AC servo drive system and full computer control. The machine has a highly rigid load frame equipped with an accurate crosshead guidance system to handle even the most challenging test applications of up to 150 kN.
Table 1. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Force Capacity kN
||Better than +/- 0.5% of reading down
to 1/1000th of load cell capacity
|Crosshead travel mm*
|Vertical space mm*
|Position Control Resolution mm
|Distance between columns mm*
|Minimum Speed mm/min
|Maximum Speed mm/min
||+/- 0.1% under stable conditions
|Max force at full speed kN
|Max speed at full load mm/min
|Data Acquisition Rate (at PC)
||500 Hz as standard (optional 1000 Hz)
||Ethernet (or USB via adaptor)
||Twin column, floor standing with diagonally
opposed ball screws and guide rods
|Frame Stiffness kN/mm
|Operating Temperature °C
||0 to +55
||90% relative humidity or less
||3 Phase 380/400 V
*Extended travel and wide frame versions available on demand.
Made to Measure
The XFS150 Universal Testing Machine is a completely digital testing system that offers high precision control and accuracy. It incorporates automated computer control of test methods to ensure ease of use.
- Software calibration check facility enables immediate verification of machine precision
- Extensometers and load cells are automatically detected and calibration parameters can be stored in the device
- Crosshead guidance system enables smooth operation and accurate alignment
- Very stiff loading frames with precision-ground 50 mm diameter steel guide rods and rigid extruded support columns provided with T-slots to mount accessories
- High resolution load cells with a precision better than +/−0.5% down to 1/1000th of the capacity of load cells
- Load cells have an overload capability of 800% without any damage
- High speed data collection systems offer up to four synchronous channels
- Pre-loaded, highly efficient, self-cleaning ballscrews enable rapid and silent testing; provided with lubricated end bearings sealed for the entire life
- Built-in load cell cable routing provided in the machine column avoids snagging and damage to cables
- Digital AC servo drive and brushless servo motor allow precision crosshead control, thus enabling 23-bit positional control and maintenance free operation
- Six I/O channels are provided for extra devices like calipers, micrometers, balances, extensometers, etc.
- Telescopic covers offer more protection for ballscrews against testing debris and dust
- Protection from overtravel, overload and impact
- A wide range of fixtures and grips are provided for compression, tension, shear, peel, flexural, product testing, etc.
- Compact footprint design maintains economy of floor space
- An extensive range of contacting and non-contacting extensometers, including laser and video models, is available
(1) Available at additional cost. Machine can alternatively be controlled using a standard PC or laptop (not supplied). (2) Machine shown with HG300 heavy duty hydraulic grips (available separately). Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Table 2. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Overall Width ‘A’ (excluding touchscreen)
|Overall Height ‘C’
|Distance between columns ‘D’
|Spigot Ø E
|Spigot Pin Ø F
Notes: All dimensions are in millimeters. Dimensions are based on standard models, and extended/wide frame versions are available on demand.
Large range of grips and fixtures available. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
High speed modular electronics. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Comprehensive range of extensometry. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Built for Precision
Superior to Grade 0.5 EN 7500-1 specification; complies with ASTM E-4, DIN 51221 and AFNOR A03-501 standards; and universally calibrated. Provides a minimum range of 0.4% to 100%, automatically identifies load cells, protects electronic load cells and ensures a resolution of 1 part in 500,000.
A full frame length to the highest resolution of 0.000001 mm (selectable) is ensured. The system provides an accuracy of +/−0.01 mm and includes absolute, relative and auxiliary modes in percent, millimeter and inch.
The system offers best-in-class low speed performance with speeds down to 0.00001 mm/minute and protects against drive system temperature and current.
This is a rigid frame, thanks to a rigid extruded support column and precision ground steel direct rods. Frame stiffness is up to 2000 kN/mm, in addition to a built-in K factor facility. Other features include re-circulating ballscrew with bellows, electronic limit trips, total travel trips and safety stops that can be programmed by customers.
Modular electronics system enables rapid data transfer to the computer (up to 1000 Hz) through a high speed Ethernet connection. A wide range of input options helps connect an array of extensometers and accessories through easy plug-in interface modules.
A wide scale of safety features guarantees maximum levels of operator safety, such as programmable detection of overload or impact, extension limits and E-Stop. Complies fully with global safety directives such as 2006/42/EU Machinery Directive, 2014/30/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive and 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive.
Optional Touchscreen Panel PC
When the machine is coupled with the optional IPC3 industrial grade Panel PC that includes touchscreen control, it becomes a powerful, autonomous system and avoids the need for a laptop or external PC.
The system uses the latest Windows 10 operating system and runs a complete version of Testometric’s winTest software package, thereby enabling full control of the test machine and enabling storage and access to unrestricted test methods and results.
The integral mounting arm fixed to the machine column T-Slots can be completely adjusted for reach, height and viewing angle, thus enabling users to determine the most ergonomic working position.
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
- CPU-i5-4300M Intel Core i5 Processor, 2.6 GHz
- Display 15.6″ 1366 x 768 panel resistive touch screen with dirt repellent, anti-reflective screen protection
- 2.5″ 250 GB, Solid State Disk (SSD) and SATA III 6 GB/second
- QM87 Chipset, 4 x USB3.0 and 3 x COM ports [RS232], 2 x GigaLAN
- 4 GB, 1600 MHz SODIMM DDR3 204-pin
Tried and Tested Software
All Testometric models are equipped with Testometric Company’s complete winTest Analysis software package.
The winTest Analysis software is a product of several years of constant development and offers an intuitive, flexible software package to suit material testing of all types. Integral test methods cover peel, shear, tensile, compression, cyclic, flexural, tear, creep and multi-stage tests.
The model includes a broad array of industry standard test methods and the capacity to produce and store an infinite number of additional test techniques. All test data are automatically stored and can be easily exported to other software packages, like Excel, Word, Access and SPC systems for improved generation of reports.
The RCE remote connection option can be added to directly web-link all machines to Testometric for remote analysis, tracking and software upgrades.
Real-time test screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Test analysis screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd