Testometric has introduced a small, bench mounted Box Compression Testing Machine called X500-25BC-600 with a precision AC servo drive system and complete computer control. Within the machine, the lower platen is placed on four balanced load cells for enhanced precision and tolerance of non-uniform loading.
Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Force Capacity kN
||Better than +/- 0.5% of reading down
to 1/1000th of load cell capacity
|Platen size mm
||600 x 600
|Max Platen Opening mm*
|Position Control Resolution mm
|Distance between columns mm
|Minimum Speed mm/min
|Maximum Speed mm/min
||+/- 0.1% under stable conditions
|Max force at full speed kN
|Max speed at full load mm/min
|Data Acquisition Rate (at PC)
||500 Hz as standard (optional 1000 Hz)
||Ethernet (or USB via adaptor)
||Twin column, bench mounted
(optional base cabinet available)
|Frame Stiffness kN/mm
|Operating Temperature °C
||0 to +55
||90% relative humidity or less
||Dual input selectable 115 or 230 V, 1 ph 50/60 Hz
*Extended travel versions available on demand.
Made to Measure
The Compression Testing Machine is a fully digital testing system that offers high precision control and accuracy. It allows automated computer control of test techniques to provide ease of operation.
- High resolution load cells with precisions better than +/−0.5% down to 1/1000th of the capacity of load cells
- Automatic recognition of extensometers and load cells, with on-device storage of calibration parameters
- Has an 800% overload capability of load cells without any kind of damage
- Software calibration check facility allows rapid verification of machine precision
- Highly efficient, pre-loaded, self cleaning ballscrews allow quick and quiet testing; equipped with sealed-for-life lubricated end bearings
- Crosshead guidance system ensures a smooth operation and allows accurate alignment
- Precision crosshead control through a brushless servo motor and digital AC servo drive provides 23-bit positional control and a maintenance-free operation
- Includes six I/O channels for extra devices, like micrometers, extensometers, balances, calipers, etc.
- Overtravel, overload and impact protection
- High stiffness loading frames equipped with precision ground steel guide rods as well as rigid extruded support columns equipped with T-slots are available for accessory mounting
- Platens contain central holes for mounting extra fixtures and grips, thereby enabling other kinds of tests on corrugated board (for example, puncture, tensile, PAT, RCT, FCT and ECT)
- High speed data collection systems offer up to four synchronous channels
- Telescopic covers provide extra protection for ballscrews against dust and testing debris
- Compact footprint design ensures the economy of floor and bench space
(1) Available at additional cost. Machine can alternatively be controlled using a standard PC or laptop (not supplied). Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Large range of grips and fixtures available. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
High speed modular electronics. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Accessories according to ISO, ASTM and TAPPI standards. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Built for Precision
Better than Grade 0.5 EN 7500-1specifications; is universally calibrated; conforms to ASTM E-4, DIN 51221 and AFNOR A03-501 standards; offers a minimum range of 0.4% to 100%; automatically identifies load cells; offers a resolution of 1 part in 500,000; and protects electronic load cells.
This provides a complete frame length to the highest resolution of 0.000001 mm (selectable); provides a precision of +/−0.01 mm, and includes auxiliary, absolute and relative odes in percent, mm and inch.
Delivers best-in-class, low speed performance with speeds as low as 0.00001 mm/minute and protects against drive system temperature and current.
This is a rigid frame, utilizing a rigid extruded support column and precision ground steel guide rods. The stiffness of the frame is up to 400 kN/mm plus a built-in K factor facility. Other features include re-circulating ballscrew with bellows, electronic limit trips, total travel trips and customer-programmable safety stops.
A modular electronics system enables quick data transfer to the computer (up to 1000 Hz) through a high speed Ethernet connection. Comprehensive input options help link a broad range of accessories and extensometers through simple plug-in interface modules.
Comprehensive safety features guarantee maximum levels of operator safety, such as overload/impact detection, E-Stop and programmable extension limits. Fully conforms to global safety directives, like 2006/42/EU Machinery Directive, 2014/30/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive and 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive.
Optional Touchscreen Panel PC
While combined with the optional IPC3 industrial-grade Panel computer with touchscreen control, the machine turns into be a rugged, independent system and prevents the requirement for a laptop or external computer.
By running a complete version of Testometric’s winTest software and using the latest Windows 10 operating system, the system enables entire control of the test machine and offers storage and access to unrestricted test methods and results.
The built-in mounting arm, fixed to the machine column T-Slots, is completely adjustable for reach, height and viewing angle, enabling users to determine the most ergonomic working position.
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
- Display 15.6″ 1366 x 768-panel resistive touch screen with dirt repellent and anti-reflective screen protection
- QM87 Chipset, 4 x USB3.0, 3 x COM ports [RS232] and 2 x GigaLAN.
- 2.5″ 250GB, Solid State Disk (SSD) and SATA III 6 GB/second
- CPU-i5-4300M Intel Core i5 Processor, 2.6 GHz
- 4 GB, 1600 MHz SODIMM DDR3 204-pin
Tried and Tested software
All Testometric models come with the extensive winTest Analysis software package.
The winTest Analysis software package is a product of several years of continuous development, offering an intuitive and flexible software package to suit all kinds of material testing. Built-in test techniques cover tensile, compression, flexural, tear, shear, peel, creep, cyclic and multi-stage tests.
The software comprises a broad range of industry standard test techniques and the capacity to produce and store an unrestricted number of additional test techniques. All test data can be automatically stored and can be easily exported to other software packages, like Excel, Word, Access and SPC systems for improved report generation.
By including the RCE remote connection option, all machines can be directly web-linked to Testometric for remote analysis, tracking and software upgrades.
Real-time test screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Test analysis screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd