Testometric has introduced a twin column, heavy duty, floor standing Universal Testing Machine called XFS300 that is equipped with a precision AC servo drive system and complete computer control. The machine has a high rigidity load frame integrated with an accurate crosshead guidance system for even the most challenging test applications of up to 300 kN.
Table 1. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Force Capacity kN
||Better than +/- 0.5% of reading down
to 1/1000th of load cell capacity
|Crosshead travel mm*
|Vertical space mm*
|Position Control Resolution mm
|Distance between columns mm*
|Minimum Speed mm/min
|Maximum Speed mm/min
||+/- 0.1% under stable conditions
|Max force at full speed kN
|Max speed at full load mm/min
|Data Acquisition Rate (at PC)
||500 Hz as standard (optional 1000 Hz)
||Ethernet (or USB via adaptor)
||Twin column, floor standing with diagonally
opposed ball screws and guide rods
|Frame Stiffness kN/mm
|Operating Temperature °C
||0 to +55
||90% relative humidity or less
||3 Phase 380/400 V
*Extended travel and wide frame versions available on request.
Made to Measure
The Universal Testing Machine is a completely digital testing system that provides high precision control and accuracy. It enables automated computer control of test techniques to offer ease of operation.
- Extensometers and load cells are automatically detected and calibration parameters can be stored in the device
- High resolution load cells with precisions better than +/−0.5% down to 1/1000th of the capacity of load cells
- Has an 800% overload capability of load cells without any kind of damage
- Software calibration check facility allows immediate verification of machine precision
- Crosshead guidance system ensures a smooth operation and enables accurate alignment
- Pre-loaded, high efficiency, self-cleaning ballscrews allow rapid and quiet testing; equipped with lubricated end bearings that are sealed for life
- High speed data collection systems offer up to four synchronous channels
- Brushless servo motor and digital AC servo drive enable precision crosshead control, giving 23-bit positional control and a maintenance-free operation
- Six I/O channels are included for extra devices, like calipers, micrometers, balances, extensometers, etc.
- Integral load cell cable routing included in the machine column prevents snagging and avoids damage to cables
- Overtravel, overload and impact protection
- High stiffness loading frames with precision-ground 50 mm diameter steel guide rods as well as rigid extruded support columns equipped with T-slots are available for mounting accessories
- Small footprint design ensures the economy of floor space
- Telescopic covers provide extra protection for ballscrews against dust and testing debris
- An extensive range of contacting and non-contacting extensometers, including laser and video models, is available
- A broad range of grips and fixtures is available for compression, tension, shear, peel, flexural, product testing, etc.
(1) Available at additional cost. Machine can alternatively be controlled using a standard PC or laptop (not supplied). (2) Machine shown with HG300 heavy-duty hydraulic grips (available separately). Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Table 2. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Overall Width ‘A’ (excluding touchscreen)
|Overall Height ‘C’
|Distance between columns ‘D’
|Spigot Ø E
|Spigot Pin Ø F
Notes: All dimensions in millimeters. Dimensions are based on standard models, and extended/wide frame versions are available on request.
Large range of grips and fixtures available. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
High speed modular electronics. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Comprehensive range of extensometry. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Built for Precision
Better than Grade 0.5 EN 7500-1specifications; conforms to ASTM E-4, DIN 51221, and AFNOR A03-501 standards; is universally calibrated; offers a minimum range of 0.4% to 100%; automatically identifies load cells; protects electronic load cells; offers a resolution of 1 part in 500,000.
Offers a full frame length to the highest resolution of 0.000001 mm (selectable), provides an accuracy of +/−0.01 mm, and includes absolute, relative and auxiliary modes in percent, millimeters and inch.
Delivers best-in-class low-speed performance with speeds down to 0.00001mm/minute and protects against drive system temperature and current.
This is a rigid frame, thanks to a rigid push-out support column and precision ground steel direct rods. Frame stiffness is up to 2000 kN/mm, in addition to a built-in K factor facility. Other features include re-circulating ballscrew with bellows, total travel trips, electronic limit trips, and safety stops that can be programmed by customers.
A modular electronics system enables rapid data transfer to the computer (up to 1000 Hz) through a high-speed Ethernet connection. Wide input options help connect an array of extensometers and accessories through easy plug-in interface modules.
In-depth safety features guarantee maximum levels of operator safety, such as programmable extension limits, E-Stop, and detection of overload or impact. Fully conforms to global safety directives, such as 2006/42/EU Machinery Directive, 2014/30/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, and 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive.
Optional Touchscreen Panel PC
When the machine is combined with the optional IPC3 industrial-grade Panel PC with touchscreen control, it becomes a powerful, standalone system and prevents the requirement for a laptop or external PC.
The system uses the newest Windows 10 operating system and runs a complete version of Testometric’s winTest software package, and thus enables full control of the test machine and allows storage and access to unrestricted test methods and results.
The built-in mounting arm which is fixed to the machine column T-Slots can be completely adjusted for reach, height and viewing angle, enabling users to identify the most ergonomic working position.
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
- Display 15.6″ 1366 x 768-panel resistive touch screen with dirt repellent, anti-reflective screen protection
- CPU-i5-4300M Intel Core i5 Processor, 2.6 GHz
- QM87 Chipset, 4 x USB3.0, and 3 x COM ports [RS232], 2 x GigaLAN
- 2.5″ 250 GB, Solid State Disk (SSD) and SATA III 6 GB/second
- 4 GB, 1600 MHz SODIMM DDR3 204-pin
Tried and Tested Software
All Testometric models are delivered with Testometric’s complete winTest Analysis software package.
The winTest Analysis software is a product of several years of constant development, offering an intuitive and flexible software package to suit all kinds of material testing. Built-in test methods cover peel, shear, tensile, compression, cyclic, flexural, tear, creep and multi-stage tests.
The software includes an extensive range of industry-standard test methods and the capacity to produce and store an infinite number of additional test techniques. All test data are automatically stored and can be easily exported to other software packages, like Excel, Word, Access, and SPC systems for improved generation of reports.
By adding the RCE remote connection option, all machines can be directly web-linked to Testometric for remote analysis, tracking and software upgrades.
Real-time test screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Test analysis screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd