The TG series mini-spectrometers, available from Hamamatsu, are polychromators that are incorporated with an image sensor, a driver circuit and optical elements. An optical fiber guides light into the entry port of the TM series, and the integrated image sensor measures the spectrum, which is sent from the USB port to a personal computer for data acquisition.
The TG series mini-spectrometers are available in two models: C9404CAH and C9404CA. These two mini-spectrometers have a high sensitivity and use a back-thinned type CCD image sensor. Since their sensitivity is higher than CMOS types, they are suitable for low-light-level measurement.
The C9404CAH mini-spectrometer is a high resolution type. The TG series come with an evaluation software to fix measurement conditions, display graphs, and obtain and save data. As the DLL function specification is disclosed, users can design their own original measurement software.
Download the Brochure for More Information
- Incorporated with back-thinned type CCD image sensor: Sensitivity is about two orders of magnitude higher than CMOS types
- High resolution 1 nm (C9404CAH)
- Easy to install into equipment
- High throughput due to transmission grating made of quartz
- Supports external trigger input
- Wavelength conversion factor for changing the image sensor pixel number to a wavelength is recorded in internal memory
- Low-light-level measurement such as fluorescence measurement
- Evaluation of light source characteristics such as UV light source