The Optical NanoGauge Thickness measurement system C13027-12, available from Hamamatsu, is a noncontact film thickness measurement system that uses spectral interferometry.
The C13207-12 supports PLC connections, and is custom designed in a more compact manner compared to other models, allowing easy installation into equipment.
Hamamatsu‘s Optical Gauge series is suitable for measuring thickness levels from 10 nm up to 100 µm. This series also provides fast measurements up to 200 Hz, and is suitable for measurements on high-speed production lines.
Download the Brochure for More Information
- Mapping function
- Analyze optical constants (n, k)
- Accurate measurement of fluctuating film
- Shortening of cycle time (max. 200 Hz)
- Supports PLC connections
- Downsized (footprint reduced by 30% compared to C12562)
- Capable of both surface analysis
- Simplified measurement is added to the software
- Simultaneously measures color and thickness
- Covers broad wavelength range (400 nm to 1100 nm)
- Measures thin films with 10 nm thickness
The Optical NanoGauge Thickness measurement system C13027-12 has the following applications:
- PV: Solar power generation is continuously expanding as a leading industry to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. A number of companies are researching on enhancing the conversion efficiency of the solar modules or cells used in power generation. The Optical Gage series is used in a variety of processes while manufacturing modules or solar cells.
- FPD: The Optical Gauge series can be used in the manufacturing processes of flat-panel display (FPD) such as plasma displays, VFD fluorescent display tubes, organic ELs, LEDs and liquid crystals.
- Secondary battery: There is a growing demand for secondary batteries, like lithium ion batteries, due to their increased use in cell phones and personal computers, and also due to the development of hybrid electric vehicles and electric vehicles. There is an ongoing research and production of efficient products. The Optical Gauge series has the potential to be used in the manufacturing processes of secondary batteries.
- Semiconductor: The Optical Gauge series is used in the manufacturing processes of semiconductor devices, where metal wiring is a lot more multi layered. These processes use a lower voltage and are increasingly miniaturized. This helps to enhance the yield and shorten the time needed to start the process.
- Touch Panel: A touch panel is a vital factor in existing digital products like advanced gaming systems, digital cameras' liquid crystal displays, tablets, and smart phones. Even though touch panels have a wide range of detection schemes, the manufacturing process of the resistive film is utilized here to explain the use of this series in such a process.
- Film: Highly functional films are being increasingly recognised in cutting-edge industries, which develop solar panels, rechargeable batteries, liquid crystal displays and a wide range of other products. A wide variety of testing and inspection equipment is offered by Hamamatsu.