Hamamatsu Photonics’ mini-spectrometer TF series is a polychromator that is provided in a compact, thin case. The case houses an image sensor, optical elements, and a driver circuit.
Spectrum data can be obtained by directing measurement light into a mini-spectrometer via an optical fiber, and conveying the measured results via the USB connection to a PC.
The integration of a high-sensitivity CMOS image sensor maintains high sensitivity similar to that of a CCD, and realizes low power consumption. Furthermore, the trigger function that can be utilized for short-term integration allows spectroscopic measurement of pulse emissions.
The product comprises of evaluation software with functions for acquiring and saving data, setting measurement conditions, drawing graphs, etc.
Additionally, the DLL function specifications are revealed, so that users can develop customized measurement software programs.
- Can be easily installed in devices
- Compact instrument in a thin case
- High-sensitivity CMOS image sensor (designed similar to that of a CCD）
- High throughput using quartz transmission grating
- Low stray light because of the adoption of a double grating, high spectral resolution 0.4 nm
- Has trigger function
- External power supply not needed (USB bus driven)
- Stores wavelength conversion factor*1 in internal memory
*1: A conversion factor for changing the image sensor pixel number into a wavelength. A calculation factor for changing the A/D converted count into the input light level is not offered.