ABB’s XIO sets a new benchmark for automation, control, and measurement solutions, exclusive to upstream Oil and Gas applications.
The novel solution allows remote expansion for both Greenfield and Brownfield flow computers and RTUs. It also enables operators to enhance their performance by decreasing their operational spend, reducing expansion downtime, and promoting communication expansion throughout the field.
The XIO offers the versatility to expand I/O as well as field connectivity and interoperability in the same device. With the exclusive ability to easily incorporate with ABB controllers without restricting the customer, the XIO can also be incorporated into third party devices.
Users can seamlessly integrate the new XIO with current devices through Modbus. Moreover, they can easily program the base unit of the XIO at any time to integrate more I/O options, creating ideal flexibility.
ABB’s XIO is Connectivity Made Easy.
Introducing the new ABB XIO
Video Credit: ABB Measurement & Analytics
Innovative Solutions of the XIO
- The Wi-Fi client mode, Wi-Fi bridge, and USB options offer ideal device management, either locally or at a distance.
- A total of 22 hot pluggable IO modules (replacements or additions) can be incorporated into the XIO without power disruption, rendering it easy for the technician to view a non-working module, swiftly replace it, and instantly confirm that a replacement is working.
- 12 and 24 vdc external power removes the necessity for extra components and decreases installation costs.
- Four Ethernet ports enable diverse network configurations, and the 8 serial communication ports provide the XIO with a maximum serial capacity on any ABB upstream product.
- New switch capabilities enable the network to expand beyond the XIO and RMC, with each network segment offering a length of up to 100 m.
- Ethernet to serial passthrough application combines easily and seamlessly with the RMC and allows users to effortlessly add more serial ports in the field with minimal configuration steps.
- Auto-discovery services render installation convenient and simple for XIO devices and applications on the network.
The XIO is the latest capable extension to the RMC series, offering improved, scalable IO capacity to current and new sites. Totalflow customers will be at ease with XIO and its applications.
General Features of XIO
- Operating temperature–40 °C to 60 °C
- DIN rail mount enclosure
- Up to 8 serial ports supporting RS-422/232/485 protocols
- Class 1, Div 2 area classification
- 12–24 Vdc external power capability
- Auto-discovery enables easy configuration
- Two Enterprise and two Industrial Ethernet ports for modern networking configuration, such as VLAN options
- Works well with G4 software applications
- Support for Totalflow and Modbus native protocols
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for wireless local configuration
- TFIO hot-pluggable/hot-swappable support