Heating mantles are preferred to hot plates or Bunsen burners for organic liquids. They provide no hot spots or even heating and maximum surface coverage for better temperature uniformity. The mantles of choice for repetitive extracting, distilling and refluxing procedures in labs of textile, food, water, fiber and waste-water, petroleum and several other industries.
The key features of the aluminium housed mantle are:
- Lower profile for space-saving convenience
- Revolutionary heating element container system makes replacing burned-out elements a simple, five minute task
- Element containers act as spill containment chambers to capture chemicals from spillage or boil-over
- Clear anodized aluminum cabinet with black PTFE resin coated top for chemical resistance
- Offered in two space-saving configurations; six-place for 100-300 ml flasks and three-place for 500-1,000 ml flasks
- Available in low-temperature (400°C RX version) and high- temperature (600°C RJ version) for greater versatility
- Size: 29 1/4"w x 9 1/2"d x 5 1/4"h - 6 place
- Size: 24"w x 11 1/4"d x 6 1/4"h - 3 place
Heating mantles are probably the most safe and most commonly used method to heat a reaction mixture.
Accessories for the aluminium housed mantle are:
- Poncho safety shield
- Digital timer
- Splash guards
- 3-wire power cord