LECO’s 832 series is designed to simplify determination of sulfur and carbon in an array of organic materials.
LECO has constructed this series taking into consideration the general customer feedback as well as innovative engineering.
The 832 series instrumentation benefits from the addition of an in-built software platform powered by a touch-screen interface, which assists in increasing operational control and usability without the need for excess bench space.
LECO’s 832 series also has an improved IR cell design, a high-efficiency combustion furnace, and a sturdy design, thus making this series a valuable tool in most laboratories that require speedy and precise testing of sulfur and/or carbon in organic materials.
User-Friendly Cornerstone Brand Software®
The exclusive Cornerstone brand software designed by LECO with a touch-screen interface enables total access to test control, technique settings, reporting, diagnostics and others in a very organized, spontaneous and immersive environment.
Cornerstone is capable of all regular day-to-day operations within an analysis screen so as to enhance speed and enable easy usage. The creative grouping of sample data into sets and replicates assists in simplifying the data output and automatically determining significant statistics, thereby reducing the need for extra data processing.
Software Features and Benefits
The software is split into analysis, settings, diagnostics and instrument sections to assist in easy navigation and organization. There are toolbars, sliders and drop-down menus to simplify parameter settings for data processing as well as for calibration.
The software can also perform real-time monitoring of ambient monitors using fully animated system diagrams. Advanced interactive diagnostic features include a complete digital on-board manual, photo illustrations, maintenance animations, and screen captures for speedily providing the direction needed without having to consult several manuals.
Cornerstone is also designed with a multilingual interface, extended data archiving and filtering, user permissions, compatibility with many laboratory data management systems (LIMS) and flexible reporting capabilities.
An optional Cornerstone mobile remote software viewing feature is made available by LECO to enable remote observation of the instrument software from a smartphone, PC or tablet. It can be programmed to fix automatic notifications from the instrument against predefined software conditions using text message, e-mail or the Cornerstone mobile application.
LabTube Meets Mason Marsh, Leco | Video Credit: LabTube.tv
The basic features of the LECO 832 series include:
- Large reusable ceramic boats with open surface area assist in easy sample handling and efficient sample combustion
- Cornerstone mobile option provides access to data, plots, and tool status from users’ smartphone, desktop computer or tablet
Specific Key Features
The main features of the LECO 832 series include:
The High-Efficiency Furnace System Design
The furnace design offers the following benefits:
- Reduces electrical demand and waste heat, thereby producing much lower operating costs
- Smart furnace control optimizes furnace dependability and improves the lifetime of the heating element and ceramics
- Modified combustion assembly offers isolation of the furnace from the atmosphere, producing low blank value and better accuracy
- Enhanced gas flow control decreases ash debris restrictions, and increases furnace lifetime and tool reliability
- Horizontal high temperature (up to 1550°C) concentric O ceramic furnace tube with ceramic lance focusing the oxygen directly onto the sample ensuring fast testing times, full combustion, and recovery
Improved Solid-State IR Cell Design
The solid-state IR cell design ensures the following benefits:
- Temperature stabilized construction helps in isolating the instrument from variations in ambient temperature variations and other environmental sensitivities
- Separate broad-range IR detection for both carbon and sulfur enables simple set-up and calibration for the basic S/C/SC832 versions
- Optimized emitter control and detection circuitry enhances the long-term stability and lifetime of the IR cell, thereby resulting in excellent precision
- Optional dual-range (DR) detection for sulfur within S/SC832DR versions have the broadest sulfur range capability for highly challenging applications
Improved Design and Accessibility for Maintenance Areas
The main features to enhance accessibility for maintenance areas are:
- Dual reagent tubes and rotameters are fitted on the front side of the instrument behind the hinged front cabinet door so as to improve safety and convenience
- Quick-connect heating element assemblies enable simple and fast access, and permit single element replacement when required, thereby reducing maintenance costs
- Open internal cabinet access to pump with rapid release features allows fast and simple preventive maintenance routines, ensuring a robust and dependable tool with excellent uptime
Additional Features and Benefits
The other features and benefits are:
- Large reusable ceramic boats with open surface area facilitate efficient sample combustion, easy sample handling, and ash elimination
- Dual range (DR) S/SC832DR versions contain performance package features
- Optional performance package (P) has additional feature of an tool leak check feature, which provides an important diagnostic tool and increases the reliability of the system; and an electronic back pressure control, which provides isolation to alterations in atmospheric pressure and results in enhanced long-term stability
- Optional boom-mounted touch-screen interface package (M) promotes an ergonomic workspace while minimizing system bench space needs
Models available are listed in the table below:
||Sulfur and Carbon Determinator
||Dual Range Sulfur Determinator
||Dual Range Sulfur with Carbon Determinator
||Instrument mounted touch-screen and six-axis boom mount
|Performance Pack (P)
||Adds an instrument leak check and electronic back pressure control (All DR instrument models contain performance pack)