Carbon/Nitrogen Analysis by Combustion
By combining an on-board touch-screen software platform with the state-of-the-art hardware, the 928 Series helps you in easy handling of the most challenging samples. LECO macro combustion instruments have been consistent with the performance and core capabilities of previous generations, while improving throughput, reliability, and uptime. The sample mass ability of Macro (up to 3 grams for Nitrogen/Protein model irrespective of carbon content in the sample) with shorter cycle times and a resultant economic cost-per-analysis make the 928 Series perfect for analyzing samples which are difficult to prepare, typically heterogeneous, or have low analyte levels.
When away, the user still stays updated regarding the progress, status and performance of the batch on their smartphone with the help of Cornerstone Mobile remote software.
Maximize Productivity and Lab Competence with Unparalleled Sample Throughput and Superior Instrument Uptime
- Shorter cycle duration of 5.3 minutes for Nitrogen/Protein model
- Prolonged reagent lifetimes, such as lifetime of more than 4,000 samples for a reduction reagent tube
- Autoloader with capacity for 100 sample positions for non-sequential and sequential assessments
Sharp Design Ensuing in Unmatched Versatility for the Most Arduous Applications
- Horizontal ceramic furnace with temperatures up to 1450 °C combined with an exclusive oxygen environment guarantees the complete oxidation of macro samples
- Reusable ceramic sample boats that are open and large, help in the combustion and handling of macro samples (up to 3 grams mass)
- Sample ash remains in the boat for post-assessment removal eradicating the need of furnace tube clean up
- Thermal conductivity cell provides the flexibility with the use of carrier gas (either argon or helium) without needing a change in hardware
Low Operating Cost
- Reagent-less, high-competence furnace with smart-control enhances the reliability by extending the life of ceramic and heating element
- Thermoelectric cooler eradicates the need of chemical desiccants for the removal of moisture from the combustion gas
- Combustion gas aliquot system offers a prolonged and consistent reagent lifetime irrespective of the matrix, sample mass, or carbon content, including a sample reduction tube reagent lifetime of up to 4000
Operator Centered Design
- User interface containing boom-mounted touch-screen and six-axis adjustment enhances an ergonomic workspace and improves workflow while decreasing the requirements of system bench space; instrument side panel gives access to troubleshooting, powerful software diagnostic, and other control features
- Common maintenance areas combined with quick-release features and an open access to all reagent tubes simplify and quicken routine preventive maintenance, guaranteeing a reliable and robust equipment with superior uptime
Intuitive Cornerstone Software
Exclusive Cornerstone software from LECO empowers the user to have full access to assessment control, instrument settings, reporting, diagnostics etc. in a very immersive and organized atmosphere. Cornerstone enables the user to carry out all day-to-day procedures within a single screen created for ease-of-use and speed. The innovative data grouping streamlines data output and spontaneously calculates appropriate statistics.