LECO’s recently developed AMH55 enables maximum productivity and comfortable measuring of impressions present on a wide range of surface conditions. Cornerstone® brand software from LECO is introduced by the AMH55 to streamline the analysis time, increase usability, and simplify the reporting process.
The AMH55 supports efficient and precise microindentation and Macro/Vickers hardness testing in lite, semi-automatic, and fully automatic configurations. This automatic hardness testing system satisfies the needs of users requiring productive and accurate hardness testing, while tailoring the results and data according to their needs.
The AMH55 Automatic Micro/Macro Indentation Hardness Testing System incorporates different tasks into a single automated instrument. These tasks include testing, measuring, converting, and documenting. First, sample loading takes place, followed by choosing the indentation pattern(s), and finally carrying out the test. The AMH55 automated system produces the indentations, measures them, estimates the hardness of the indentations, and then displays the results.
The following are the key features of the AMH55 automatic hardness testing system:
- Measures impressions with different surface conditions, including illuminated surfaces that are unevenly/etched/scratched
- Advanced image-recognition technology permits examining information not available with limited threshold-based methods
- Capable of selecting the specific model configuration that suits user requirements:
- Lite: automatic pixel calibration; automatically detects and examines indents within a field of view; and easily upgrades to AMH55 semi-automatic or automatic
- Semi-Automatic: manual focus; automatically detects and examines indents, pixel calibration, and automatic alignment; and customizable data reporting
- Automatic: advanced analysis module for color contoured mapping (optional); and simultaneous automatic parfocal tools and automatic alignment, including shading correction and automatic pixel calibration
- Advanced Analysis Module - This module is available with the contour map and color hardness feature, and the auto indent placement function. The hardness contour map highlights location and sample hardness with a color code for all levels of hardness.
- LECO’s Cornerstone Brand Software - In comparison with other automated hardness testers, the Cornerstone brand software enables users to completely control calibrations, analysis parameters, reporting, method settings, and also allows changes in the testing process according to specific applications. A touch-screen interface with automatic software, such as simultaneous auto parfocal adjustment and auto alignment helps perform analyses rapidly and easily, with high repeatability.