Testometric now offers a twin column, floor standing, heavy duty Universal Testing Machine called XFS600 that provides complete computer control and includes a precision AC servo drive system. Featuring a high rigidity load frame with an accurate crosshead guidance system, the Universal Testing Machine can handle even the most challenging test applications of up to 600 kN.
Table 1. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Force Capacity kN
||Better than +/- 0.5% of reading down
to 1/1000th of load cell capacity
|Crosshead travel mm*
|Vertical space mm*
|Position Control Resolution mm
|Distance between columns mm*
|Minimum Speed mm/min
|Maximum Speed mm/min
||+/- 0.1% under stable conditions
|Max force at full speed kN
|Max speed at full load mm/min
|Data Acquisition Rate (at PC)
||500 Hz as standard (optional 1000 Hz)
||Ethernet (or USB via adaptor)
||Twin column, floor standing with diagonally
opposed ball screws and guide rods
|Frame Stiffness kN/mm
|Operating Temperature °C
||0 to +55
||90% relative humidity or less
||3 Phase 380/400 V
*Extended travel and wide-frame versions available on request.
Made to Measure
The Universal Testing Machine is a completely digital testing system that provides high-precision control and accuracy. Automated computer control of test methods makes it easy to operate the machine.
- Extensometers and load cells are automatically recognized and calibration parameters can be stored in the device
- High-resolution load cells with precisions better than +/−0.5% as low as 1/1000th of the capacity of load cells
- Integral load cell cable routing included in the machine column prevents snagging and avoids damage to cables
- Crosshead guidance system ensures a smooth operation and enables accurate alignment
- Has an 800% overload capability of load cells without any sign of damage
- Software calibration check facility allows immediate validation of the accuracy of the machine
- Pre-loaded, high efficiency, self-cleaning ballscrews allow rapid and silent testing; equipped with lubricated end bearings that are sealed for life
- High speed data collection systems offer up to four synchronous channels
- Brushless servo motor and digital AC servo drive allow precision crosshead control, giving 23-bit positional control and a maintenance-free operation
- Six I/O channels are included for extra devices, like calipers, micrometers, balances, extensometers, etc.
- Overtravel, overload, and impact protection
- High stiffness loading frames with precision-ground 50-mm diameter steel guide rods as well as rigid extruded support columns equipped with T-slots are provided for mounting accessories
- Small footprint design ensures the economy of floor space
- Telescopic covers offer extra protection to ballscrews from dust and testing debris
- An array of contacting and non-contacting extensometers, including laser and video models, is available
- A broad range of fixtures and grips are available for compression, tension, shear, peel, flexural, product testing, etc.
(1) Available at additional cost. Machine can alternatively be controlled using a standard PC or laptop (not supplied). (2) Machine shown with HG300 heavy-duty hydraulic grips (available separately). Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Table 2. Source: Testometric Company Ltd
|Overall Width ‘A’ (excluding touchscreen)
|Overall Height ‘C’
|Distance between columns ‘D’
|Spigot Ø E
|Spigot Pin Ø F
Notes: All dimensions in millimeters. Dimensions are based on standard models, extended/wide frame versions are available on request.
Large range of grips and fixtures available. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
High speed modular electronics. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Comprehensive range of extensometry. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Built for Precision
Conforms to ASTM E-4, DIN 51221, and AFNOR A03-501 standards; better than Grade 0.5 EN 7500-1specifications; is universally calibrated; offers a minimum range of 0.4% to 100%; automatically identifies load cells; protects electronic load cells; provides a resolution of 1 part in 500,000.
This includes a full frame length to the highest resolution of 0.000001 mm (selectable), provides an accuracy of +/− 0.01 mm, and features relative, absolute and auxiliary modes in inch, mm and percent.
Delivers best-in-class low-speed performance with speeds as low as 0.00001 mm/minute, and offers protection to drive system current and temperature.
This is a rigid frame, using a rigid extruded support column and precision ground steel guide rods. The stiffness of the frame is up to 2000 kN/mm plus a built-in K factor facility. Other features include total travel trips, electronic limit trips, a re-circulating ballscrew with bellows and safety stops that can be programmed by customers.
A modular electronics system enables rapid data transfer to the computer (up to 1000 Hz) through a high-speed Ethernet connection. Wide input options help connect an array of extensometers and accessories through easy plug-in interface modules.
Elaborate safety features guarantee maximum levels of operator safety, such as programmable extension limits, E-Stop and detection of impact or overload. Fully complies with global safety directives, such as 2006/42/EU Machinery Directive, 2014/30/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, and 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive.
Optional Touchscreen Panel PC
When the machine is combined with the optional IPC3 industrial-grade Panel PC with touchscreen control, it becomes a powerful, standalone system and prevents the necessity for a laptop or external computer.
The system runs a complete version of Testometric’s winTest software package and uses the newest Windows 10 operating system, and thus enables full control of the test machine and allows storage and access to unrestricted test methods and results.
The built-in mounting arm, fixed to the machine column T-Slots, can be completely adjusted for reach, height and viewing angle, enabling users to identify the most ergonomic working position.
Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
- CPU-i5-4300M Intel Core i5 Processor, 2.6 GHz
- Display 15.6″ 1366 x 768-panel resistive touch screen with dirt repellent, anti-reflective screen protection
- QM87 Chipset, 4 x USB3.0, 3 x COM ports [RS232] and 2 x GigaLAN
- 2.5″ 250 GB, Solid State Disk (SSD), and SATA III 6 GB/second
- 4 GB, 1600 MHz SODIMM DDR3 204-pin
Tried and Tested Software
All Testometric models are delivered with Testometric’s complete winTest Analysis software package.
The winTest Analysis software is an outcome of several years of constant development, offering an intuitive and flexible software package to suit all kinds of material testing. Built-in test methods cover peel, shear, tensile, compression, cyclic, flexural, tear, creep and multi-stage tests.
The software includes an extensive range of industry-standard test methods and the capacity to produce and store a countless number of additional test techniques. All test data are automatically stored and can be easily exported to other software packages, like Excel, Word, Access and SPC systems for improved generation of reports.
When the RCE remote connection option is added, all machines can be directly web-linked to Testometric for remote analysis, tracking and software upgrades.
Real-time test screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd
Test analysis screen. Image Credit: Testometric Company Ltd