Block face imaging is a suitable and rapid technique for carrying out three-dimensional (3D) imaging with nanoscale resolution. The 3View® allows users to use an ultramicrotome within the SEM chamber to continually cut and image samples of resin-embedded cells and tissue.
Users’ ZEISS Sigma and GeminiSEM can be combined with 3View® to generate numerous serial images in one day. Block face imaging offers flawlessly aligned images in a short amount of time in an effortless manner.
FE-SEMs from ZEISS, combined with 3View®, are perfectly matched to obtain high-resolution 3D data with quality that is the same as transmission electron microscopy (TEM).
The exclusive Gemini column enables clear images in enormous fields of view with nanoscale resolution. Block face imaging of several microns of a sample in a single run decreases overlap and reduces stitching time.
Your ZEISS FE-SEM with Gemini technology is easy to use. You profit from efficient detection with excellent resolution. Image Credit: Zeiss
Your Complete Solution from ZEISS
- The Sigma 3View® can be used with adjustable pressure for charge neutralization to decrease imaging artifacts.
- When using the FE-SEMs Sigma and GeminiSEM with 3View®, users can perform block face imaging of larger samples with excellent image quality.
- Users can improve their GeminiSEM with Focal Charge Compensation to remove charging artifacts.
- All systems work with superior extended stability without manual intervention.
- GeminiSEM 3View® ensures maximum flexibility and excellent low voltage performance.
Largest Field of View
- Enables users to stitch 15 times less, compared to 8k × 8k images.
- ZEISS Gemini technology provides up to 32k × 24k pixels in a single scan at nanoscale resolution.
- For a majority of applications, users will not have to stitch images at all.
- Users can save time and double exposures of the required stitching overlap are avoided.
- With the reduced magnetic field at the surface of the sample, users can image even large fields of view without any distortion at the edges.
Save time: your 3View® images 32k × 24k in one single scan. Image Credit: Zeiss
- Using Sigma's exclusive high current mode, users can accelerate their application.
- The 3View® allows users to obtain 3D results in the least amount of time.
- Subject to the specific application, users can obtain results up to 10 times faster; Overnight rather than a week.
- The system provides excellent speed. The new OnPoint BSE detector along with the user’s GeminiSEM provides maximum scan speeds without sacrificing resolution.