The intelligent Axio Imager for Polarized Light Microscopy is the ideal choice for users if they are looking to buy a microscope that is user-friendly, can perform complicated tasks dependably and produce outcomes of striking quality.
It is possible for users to select from the coded, partly motorized or completely motorized version and adjust the microscope to their individual needs.
Image Credit: Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH
Confidence Thanks to Automatic Component Identification
Thanks to Automatic Component Recognition ACR, users can always depend on the Microscope settings. Motorized stands are also available to identify objectives in an automatic manner. Moreover, ACR helps determine the reflector modules inside the completely motorized Z-stand. The exchange of components is automatically recorded by Axio Imager.
Reliable Long-Term Imaging Thanks to Vibration-Free Design
As far as time-dependent measurements and high magnifications are concerned, users can rely on the stability of the Axio Imager. Stage carrier, nosepiece turret and z-guide have been designed as a small, vibration-free unit that has been separated from the rest of the stand. This “stable cell” helps make appropriate measurement conditions for superior results.
Comfortable Operation due to Extensive Functionality
- Complicated procedures can be simplified. The control of all motorized components is at the users’ fingertips via the touchscreen at the stand or at the Docking Station.
- Users can alternatively work the polarized light microscopy system with the help of the freely positionable control panel, and it can be entirely isolated from the stand. The contrast- and light manager automatically selects the maximum settings to produce reliable and reproducible results.
- Users could save individual settings and recover them easily by merely pushing a button. The working of the focus drive can be made in an intuitive manner due to ergonomically arranged control buttons with tactile surfaces.
Conoscopy: Fast and Reliable Crystal Analysis with Polarized Light Microscope
Polarized Light Microscopy helps users capture conoscopic and orthoscopic image information simultaneously. Owing to an additional intermediate image plane, the specifically developed crosshairs, pol phototube, object and iris diaphragm are visible concurrently
With the adjustable iris diaphragm, the limits of the conoscopic range are down to a minimum crystal size of 10 µm. The pre-centered Bertrand optics can be turned on and off directly. This makes users shift between techniques quickly – even while capturing images or making use of a video device.
Consistent Measurement Performance
- Direct measurements can be performed using the rotary, ball bearing mounted stage with 360° scale and 0.1° vernier (for example, cleavage angles in minerals can be measured)
- Identifying optical path variations or strain measurements
Compensators with Fixed Path Difference
- Full-wave plate λ
- Full-wave plate λ, rotable +/ – 8°
- Quarter-wave plate λ / 4
It comes with a broad spectrum of compensators, thereby covering the measuring range of 0 to 30 λ.
Compensators with Variable Path Difference
- Wedge compensator 0 to 4 λ
- Measuring compensators
- Berek tilting compensator 0-5 λ
- Berek tilting compensator 0-30 λ
Axio Imager offers possibilities for more methods, such as:
- Digital analyses with Zeiss AxioVision software (for example, with Grain Size Analysis or Particle Analyzer)