Bruker’s Dimension FastScan Pro system uses an open-access platform, large or several sample holders, and many user-friendly features to offer highly flexible and high performance nanoscale metrology solution for industrial FA, QC, and QA applications.
The Dimension FastScan Pro system provides highly accurate measurements and high-resolution imaging. PeakForce Tapping® enables stable, high-resolution AFM imaging. The innovative technology allows pinpoint force to any atom on a user’s sample. The highly accurate probe-sample control allows a large range of sample types, from thin films, electrical samples, and soft polymers to very hard materials. Thanks to the innovative probe technologies, the lowest possible imaging forces and long probe tip life over many engages and data scans are possible.
The Dimension FastScan Pro system offers unique, quantitative results. PeakForce Tapping’s piconewton force sensitivity provides quantitative data. It can measure sub-nanometer steps to high-aspect ratio trenches. Maximum resolution AFM topography fulfills nanometer step metrology with Angstroms resolution. Furthermore, Bruker industrial probes and PeakForce Tapping facilitate high aspect ratio depth metrology, which is not available with other systems in this range.
The evaluation of high volumes of data with reliable resolution in production is possible. The Dimension FastScan Pro system makes every user an AFM expert as it is user-friendly; the complexity of AFM operation is also eliminated considerably. ScanAsyst algorithms along with AutoMET software continuously and automatically check the image quality and make appropriate parameter modifications. AutoMET™ full-recipe software delivers quick, automated metrology, simple operation, and AFM adaptability for easy capture of critical-to-quality measurements.
The Dimension platform has the largest installed base of any AFM in the semiconductor, data storage, polymer, and HB-LED sectors.
The main features of the FastScan Pro are mentioned below:
- A dependable, established platform specifically designed for use in industrial environments
- Microscope offers increased XY sample travel for total access to 200 mm wafers or multiple samples in 200 mm diameter area (optional chucks for 300 mm wafers)
- Automated 2 in-12 in wafer measurements for semi, data storage and HB-LED
- Icon scanner with 90 µm scan range for larger scans and high precision topography performance
- High-throughput 5-10x FastScan scanner for roughness, topography, and other metrology analysis
- Lower costs as the operations are highly efficient
- Optical and AFM image pattern recognition with tip-centering to realize nanometer alignment
Automatic measurements on numerous samples
The main areas of applications of the Dimension FastScan Pro system are as follows:
- Data storage
- Automated semiconductor
- HBLED and solar
- Polymers and thin films
- MEMS manufacturing