Precitech offers high speed air-bearing tooling spindles by Levicron.
These spindles are suitable for applications where product quality enhancements and robustness of an industrial-grade design are required.
The spindles come in two configurations: ASD-H25 and ASD-Cx. The ASD-H25 model includes an industry standard, HSK25 interface, which allows the use of an off-the-shelf and highly accurate solution for rapid tool changes and thus saves significant amount of time and money.
The ASD-Cx model includes a pneumatically operated collet system. Both models reduce spindle soak time and achieve thermal stability within 5 minutes.
Axial growth is restricted by self compensating design and radial growth is restricted by integrated symmetrical thin film cooling system.
Levicron spindles are available in 80,000 and 60,000 rpm models and facilitate faster manufacturing and a higher level of quality when compared to other spindles available in the market.
Precitech offers complete ultra precision solutions and has an installed base of more than 1,500 systems across the globe.
The main features of the high speed air-bearing tooling spindles include:
- Long and light shaft design
- Precise quick tool changes
- Thermal stability
- Low error motions
- Rugged bearing system enables rapid material removal
- Increases productivity and reduces tool cost
- No balancing for small tools ensures reduced chip-to-chip time
- Improves surface finish
- Reduces spindle soak time
- Accurately runs at any speed
- Shaft design ensures all natural frequencies are outside operating speed range
- Optional HSK25 quick change tool interface
Download the Brochure for More Information
Click below to find out how high speed air-bearing tooling spindlesï»¿ can be used in the following application: