HORIBA Scientific has released a low-cost, compact instrument called TemPro Stand-alone Filter-based Lifetime System for lab applications. Researchers can now leverage the power of fluorescence dynamics through time-correlated single photon counting (TCSPC), which happens to be the best sensitive technique for measuring fluorescence. This desktop instrument is capable of calculating lifetimes ranging between picoseconds and seconds.
The TemPro filter-based spectrofluorometer uses LED light-sources as well as an interchangeable pulsed laser-diode which cover separate emission wavelengths ranging from 255 nm to the near-IR.
Product features of the TemPro filter-based spectrofluorometer are:
- Reliable and fast USB 2.0 interface provides easy and hassle-free data-transfer to PC or laptop
- Lifetimes ranging from picoseconds to seconds
- Includes complete electronics and analysis software
- Detector range is between 185 and 650 nm
- Optional detection is extended to 850 nm
- Calculates rotational correlation times through optional polarizers
- Can convert the optical system into a monochromator-based system which is capable of Time-Resolved Emission Spectra (TRES)
- Complete range of SpectraLED and NanoLED diode light sources from UV to near-IR is provided as an option
- Can be upgraded to monochromator-based spectrofluorometer
- Optional front-face sample-holder
The system is ideal for fundamental research and analytical measurements and provides power and compactness in a single platform. The TemPro lifetime system is backed with almost 200 years of service, sales and applications know-how in optical tools.
The specifications of the TemPro filter-based spectrofluorometer are provided in the table below:
||185 to 650 nm (optional to 850 nm)
||Time Domain (TCSPC)