The versatile ZEISS Smartproof 5 widefield confocal microscope is an integrated system for surface analysis: repeatable, precise and fast. This microscope has a variety of industrial applications that come up daily in R&D labs, QC/QA departments and production environments, including roughness and topographical characterization
This high quality confocal system is driven by the powerful software ZEISS Efficient Navigation (ZEN) in order to offer additional benefits of increased productivity and maximum user comfort.
- Smartproof 5 is available with ConfoMap, which is the ZEISS version of Mountains-Map, the gold standard in metrology software
- The correlated aperture confocal technology and patented widefield enables Smartproof 5 to minimize the time to result, providing a perfect balance between high speed and high resolution
- Users can easily analyze data based on international standards and produce the respective reports
- Users can effectively work across a variety of applications with the help of the best of ZEISS optics and established components
- Smartproof 5 ensures user-independent data acquisition as a basis for repeatable and precise results
- Users are guided through recurring tasks by the workflow-oriented graphical user interface (GUI) and teachable inspection jobs
- Smartproof 5 is ideal for production and process monitoring because of the easy to operate system and workflow routines in software
Integrated and Robust Design
- Smartproof 5, built in a compact manner, has a sturdy construction capable of withstanding vibration in an efficient manner
- Benefit from a fully integrated system: camera, electronics and optics are all enclosed in the microscope
The Best of ZEISS Optics
The new ZEISS objective class C Epiplan-Apochromat has been custom designed for widefield confocal systems. These high numerical aperture lenses produce excellent performance in the visible range and also at 405 nm, which is the wavelength used for the acquisition of widefield confocal images.
Compared to classical point scanning confocal microscopes, the microscope’s widefield confocal technology provides greater throughput. This is achieved by the correlated aperture spinning disc technology integrated in the Smartproof 5 detector module, while maintaining the typical advantages of confocal microscopes for surface characterization. The ZEISS Smartproof 5 widefield confocal microscope offers excellent height resolving power together with superior lateral resolution.
Guided Workflows for Precise Navigation
The integrated ZEN graphical user interface of Smartproof 5 supports seamless macro-to detail workflows, resulting in easy orientation. Users can easily define the position to be measured because of the overview image. The data obtained is automatically transferred to Confomap software, allowing users to process and examine the 3D properties of their samples. The users can save their workflow, ready to repeat the same microscopic 3D analysis.
Output You Can Trust
Components of Smartproof 5 are motorized so that the software will be able to monitor the status of every single component. This results in easy setting up of workflows for repetitive acquisitions. The powerful ConfoMap software helps users to examine geometrical parameters of samples or perform roughness analysis in 2D (profile) and 3D (area), where the latter are based on ISO standards.
ZEISS Smartproof 5 Widefield Confocal Microscope for QA and QC