The TALYS ASP400-Ex series from ABB is a simple, robust industrial FT-NIR process analyzer capable of increasing the return-on investment for refinery and petrochemical industries.
The TALYS ASP400 series analyzer is built to realize monitoring and control of continuous processes. Its seamless installation enables real-time process monitoring, process characterization, defining of stream properties or physical qualities, and early troubleshooting.
This analyzer is ideal for a wide variety of refinery process monitoring applications including naphtha conversion units such as isomerization, naphtha hydro-treating, catalytic reforming, and steam-cracking as well as applications in gasoline blending, HF alkylation, and LPG.
- Small footprint
- Unit may be either shelf or wall mounted
- Completely integrated into single enclosure
- Analyzer PC not required
- ExP purge controller combined with base enclosure
- Low cost of ownership with practically no scheduled maintenance for five years
- Full connectivity to DCS: Modbus TCP/IP, OPC and RTU
- On-board HMI display and embedded controller
- Hardwired I/O and pneumatics for sample system control in ExD enclosure with ABB PLC module
- Simple installation with very limited footprint in analyzer shelter
- Minimal field maintenance requirement
- Multiple properties are estimated simultaneously, and calibration model sets for different process stream grades or types may be executed
- Possible to field-mount in weather-protection cabinet or enclosure
- Flexible sampling – the TALYS ASP400 series is ideal for use with insertion / extraction transmission or transflectance probes, flow-through fast-loop sample cells, or complete specification extractive sampling system with automatic wash.
Introduction to TALYS continuous process analyzer