Coating thickness measurement based on X-ray fluorescence (XRF) is an industry-proven technique, offering fast and non-destructive analysis. The X-Strata920 is designed to measure single layer and multi-layer coatings – including alloyed layers – for both the electronics and metal finishing industries.
Our in-house applications experts have optimised the X-Strata920 to ensure you get reliable, repeatable results for hundreds of applications including PCB surface finishes, connector coatings, corrosion resistance, decorative finishes, wear resistance, high temperature resistance and more. Where every mil or micron counts, the X-Strata920 gives you the precision and reliable results you need.
About 800 pre-loaded, easy-to-select application parameters/methods are provided in the X-Strata920. The spectrometer has high performance across several elements. Spectral separation of overlapping parameters can be done using secondary beam filters.
When calibration standards are not available, reliable quantitative results are provided by fundamental parameters (FP) methods. A few standards are used, and best results and accuracy are achieved by empirical calibrations. Automatic thermal compensation enables measuring temperature of the instrument and correcting changes, thus providing stable results. Simple and rapid spectrum calibration enables checking performance of the instrument and carrying out the required corrections. Standard base, programmable base, and mini-well base are the three configuration options available in the X-Strata920 in order to suit the analysis need. It has autolock function which helps in preventing unauthorised use of the instrument.
The applications of the X-Strata920 are:
- Performs solids and solutions analysis
- Non-destructive analysis
- Qualitative, semi-quantitative and full quantitative analysis
- Minimal or no sample preparation is required
- Minimal training is required to use the X-Strata920
- Wide range of elements can be determined
- Provides results in seconds
- In order to improve safety and quality, build consumer confidence and facilitate market access and trade, Standard test methods, guides and specifications are used internationally. X-Strata920 complies with ISO 3497: Metallic coatings for measuring the coating thickness by X-ray spectrometric methods. Similarly, it also complies with ASTM B568: Standard test method for measuring the coating thickness by X-ray spectrometry.
X-Strata920 | Coatings XRF Analyzer | When one nanometer can be the difference