The Vulcan is one of the fastest metals analyzers with sturdy construction. Users simply need to squeeze the trigger and a second later the result can be seen. The Vulcan uses the Laser Induced Breakdown (LIBS) technology; therefore the users need not worry about X-rays.
Whether one’s business is PMI quality control or scrap sorting, the Vulcan delivers accurate and dependable grade ID every time.
Why Choose a Vulcan?
Significantly increase productivity
Increasing the number of analyses per day can make a great difference, particularly with large inventory checks.
Low cost of ownership
With the Vulcan being a laser tool, staff will not have to enroll for expensive and time-consuming radiation classes and certification training.
Built to last
IP54 certified, NEMA3 equivalent and adheres to MIL-STD-810G military grade for ruggedness.
It is a second generation instrument built by experts in the handheld LIBS market.
Simple to use
Intuitive user interface integrated with point-and-shoot analysis decreases or even removes the chance of user-related errors
Advanced data management
Transfer and store all results securely in Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science’s cloud service and use one of the most advanced reporting tools available. The Vulcan also connects with the mobile to incorporate photos to the results and to share data instantaneously.
Robust and durable
The Vulcan’s measurement optics is protected by sapphire glass, one of the toughest materials in the market, thus ensuring it is splash water proof as well as dust proof.
Long battery life
A single battery charge will endure up to eight hours when analyzing one sample every five seconds. Two batteries are included in the package.
- Handheld LIBS analyzers for scrap metals
- Handheld LIBS analyzers for QA/QC
The Vulcan employs the most advanced reporting tools available currently. The results can be securely stored and reports can be generated with Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science’s cloud-based service. The users can access their data anytime, from anyplace.
- Real-time transfer of results from the analyzer to the ExTOPE Connect cloud via Wi-Fi
- Chemistry, grade ID, spectra, camera images, extra information etc. are stored in one secure location
- Flexible reporting tool: Develop tailored tamper-proof (PDF) reports or .CSV document for additional data evaluation
- Grade identification and full chemistry
- Al and Mg alloys
- Stainless steels, tool steels, low alloy steels, Ni alloys
- Co, Pb, Sn, Cu, Ti, Zn alloys
- Pre-burn to clean the sample surface
- IP54 (NEMA 3 equivalent) splash water and dust protected
- Full day operation with one battery*
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Grade library
- Optional - Built-in camera
*Full day operation on a single battery charge based on analyzing one sample every 5 seconds for 8 hours