The entire range of NIRS lab analyzers features the patented Metrohm NIRSystems scanning technology, which provides precision through the full scanning range from 400 to 2500nm.
In the manufacturing area, these analyzers can be used in all stages, from raw material inspection to in-process monitoring and final product release.
The two main analyzers are the NIRS XDS analyzers and the NIRS DS2500 analyzers. The NIRS DS2500 analyzer is a compact and cost-effective solution for routine analysis in any environment.
The NIRS XDS analyzers are equipped with hot-swappable modules for sampling flexibility and ease of use. The hot-swappable modules provide flexibility to extend the application range of NIRS XDS modules.
With the hot-swappable modules, the NIRS XDS analyzers can handle all types of samples, including solids, granules, gels, powders, pastes, slurries, and turbid or clear liquids.
User can opt between different measuring modes based on the sample. For instance, reflection mode can be chosen for pastes, granulates, creams and powders, while transmission mode for capsules and tablets.
The main features of the NIRS XDS analyzer are as follows:
- Patented monochromator and modular sampling accessories, such as cuvettes and probes, can handle all sample types
- Different measuring modes are available
- Versatile automation options are available for trays of tablets, vials etc.
- Calibration models can be easily transferred from one analyzer to the other because of the enhanced signal-to-noise ratio, improved wavelength precision and reduced bandwidth
- Vision software, in-built with many diagnostic testing tools, manages method development, data acquisition and routine analysis
- Laboratory tools can also be used for reaction monitoring