Mira is the Metrohm Instant Raman Analyzer featuring extensive, validated spectral libraries for optimum flexibility and usability, enabling easy determination of unknown spectra.
The library comprises over 9000 spectra, which have been thoroughly evaluated at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) in Japan. The Mira Cal software performs administration of the library.
Mira is the first commercially available dual-core mobile spectrometer equipped with Orbital-Raster-Scan (ORS) technology.
Mira systems can perform analysis of the most complex solid and liquid samples instantly, thanks to the larger sample interrogation area of ORS. They come with two measuring modes:
- Point-and-shoot option to perform analysis in the container directly and without making contact
- The integrated vial mode to insert samples securely
Key Features and Benefits
The following are the main features and benefits of the Mira systems:
- The use of ORS techniques makes it instant and intuitive, helping to make decisions swiftly even during complex sample analysis and thereby increasing productivity
- Highest safety by employing either integrated vial mode (laser class 1) or point-and-shoot mode for translucent containers (laser class 3B)
- Versatile as it turnkey solution that can be used anywhere as-is
- Multifunctional device as it features 785nm laser for non-fluorescent and1064nm for fluorescent samples
- Powerful instrument and can be operated with traditional off-the-shelf AA batteries
- Portable and rugged analyzers ideal for process control and on-site monitoring
- Easy-to-hold, rugged aluminum housing is designed to perform quick analysis at any environment
- The automatic baseline correction allows for easy interpretation and accurate analysis results
- Mira Cal software enables easy data management, which includes storing, reprocessing and exchanging data
- Can handle even temperature-sensitive samples as it reduces the risk of ignition or degradation and avoids heat buildup of the sample