The 859 Titrotherm is a thermometric titrator that is useful when potentiometric titration has reached its limits. This instrument determines the temperature change in the titration solution instead of the electrochemical potential.
Direct analyses can be performed, which are not possible with potentiometric titration. Thermometry is especially useful for determining the amount of sodium in foodstuffs, total acid number (TAN), free fatty acids (FFA) in edible fats and oils, acid mixtures in electroplating baths and total base number (TBN) in mineral oil products.
Since the titrotherm makes use of a temperature sensor, sensor calibration, sensor exchange and sensor maintenance is not required for a range of applications. The combination of a Titrotherm with 814 USB sample processor or an 815 Robotic USB Sample Processor XL can enable an increased level of automation while keeping costs low.
The key features of the 859 Titrotherm are:
- Proven, robust technique if potentiometric titration cannot be used
- Ease of use: no sensor calibration or maintenance
- One sensor for all applications
- Automation options to save time
- Titration within seconds
- The titrotherm is controlled with Tiamo software making it easy, flexible and powerful