Metrohm offers an entry-level coulometric and volumetric titrator for determining water or moisture in samples - the 899 Coulometer. The titrator is compact, robust, and precise.
The 899 Coulometer is ideal for the measurement of low amounts of water in a sample (0.001 to 1%). Along with an optional power box, the coulometer is designed as a mobile analyzer, thus enabling analyses wherever needed. There is sufficient power in the battery pack to run the coulometer for several hours.
Also, the titration begins automatically once the sample is added. Therefore, user error can be negated.
The key features of the 899 Coulometer are:
- Coulometric and volumetric titrator with a small footprint
- Automatic start of coulometric titration when the sample is added
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Battery-powered coulometer for mobile analysis
- The 899 Coulometer is more compact as it has an integrated stirrer
- Excellent value for money
- The titrators have a high-resolution measuring interface offering high precision at low cost
- Streamlined, simple and straightforward
- User-friendly interface, developed for day-to-day operation
- Pre-programmed methods, requiring only a press of a button to commence a process
- For facilitating operation, a keyboard or a mouse can be connected
Sample Preparation Options
Metrohm offers several sample preparation options:
- Polytron for the homogenization of solid samples
- Oven method for evaporating moisture in the sample. With the 899 Coulometer, the method can be automated with the 885 Compact Oven Sample Changer
- In case the oven method or direct titration is not feasible, then the KF Evaporator is used. The mixture is heated and a solvent is added to the sample. The water and the sample evaporate together and the resulting azeotropic mixture is studied.