The FieldSpec® Dual collection software system leverages the utility and value of the world’s most trusted series of portable field spectrometers. The software intercalibrates and wirelessly synchronizes two ASD FieldSpec spectroradiometers to gather near simultaneous white reference and sample target radiance spectra. The system effectively eliminates errors related to time varying atmospheric conditions, one of the biggest challenges to gathering accurate field spectra.
Stop waiting for “ideal” weather to get your fieldwork done
The FieldSpec® Dual collection software system provides a radical shift in the workflow paradigm of traditional field spectral measurements.
- Greatly increases opportunities for field data collection
- Minimizes inherent errors introduced by time varying atmospheric conditions and subjective manual reference measurements
- Increases efficiency and accuracy of vicarious sensor calibration and validation measurements
- Establishes a benchmark standard for spectral data gathered in the field with solar illumination
- Delivers an unparalleled level of confidence in the quality of data gathered under solar illuminated conditions
- Streamlines the spectral collection workflow for goniometer research and bidirectional reflectance studies
Atmospheric environment’s dynamic nature poses one of the biggest hindrances to the accuracy of field collected reflectance measurements. It is crucial to understand that a target’s reflectance spectrum is derived by rationing two radiance measurements; one from the target and one from a white reference panel. Illumination consistency between the two measurements is important for the derivation of an error-free reflectance spectrum.
NEW! FieldSpec® Dual collection software
Traditionally the frequency, consistency, and timing of the reference measurement were a subjective and manual process. To decrease the impacts of atmospheric variability, data collection was restricted to those days with ideal weather conditions: stable, cloud free, and low humidity.
The FieldSpec® Dual collection software automates and synchronizes white reference and target radiance measurements, removing the need for manual white reference measurements and opening user’s collection window into what were once marginal stand-by days.