Fusion is a highly effective method to prepare all types of samples for ICP, XRF, and AA analysis. It consists of dissolving an oxidized sample in a solvent, typically a lithium borate flux.
As the one-stop shop in fusion and the leading producer of fluxes, Claisse manufactures superior-quality chemicals that are easy to use and that ensure no contamination.
Claisse Borate Fluxes guarantee the production of homogeneous and stable glass disks by:
- Reducing the incidence of glass sticking to the platinumware
- Avoiding crystallization
- Avoiding cracking
Claisse currently offers pre-weighed fluxes to accelerate sample preparation. Do keep in mind that any type or quantity of fluxes can be pre-weighed.
Custom Fluxes: A Turnkey Solution Designed for Users’ Need
Users waste time preparing their own special flux blends as they are not readily available on the market. This will no longer be an issue as Claisse offers custom fluxes.
As Claisse is dedicated to always provide the quality products and services, they have developed several custom fluxes over the years to save time and to meet special needs. Their personalized fluxes are homogeneous, they have an exceptional fluidity and they are supplied in any borate ratio. They can be fused directly from the bottle and are made with or without oxidizer, NWA, or internal standard.
Claisse prepares fluxes with the precise ratio of chemical elements requested by the customer.
Here is a list of a few tailor-made fluxes developed by in-house experts:
- Li2B4O7 / LiF
- Li2B4O7/LiBO2/ LiNO3
Why Invest in the Fluxes Developed by Claisse?
The Claisse® fluxes are manufactured through a unique process that ensures extraordinary purity and exceptional physical properties. Here's why Claisse fluxes are an ideal choice on the market:
- 99.98+% pure and 99.995+% ultra-pure: Claisse fluxes are very pure. They contain less than 10 ppm for each of the 15 selected elements. The level of contamination for ultra-pure fluxes is cautiously controlled and analyzed for 30 selected elements. A thorough certificate of analysis is supplied with each order.
- Controlled granulometry: Claisse fluxes are 100% less than 500 µm and contain no dust. Therefore, they do not tend to stick to the funnel, the weighing pan, and the crucible wall. A controlled granulometry eliminates the segregation effect. It avoids the loss of flux and the formation of glass droplets on the wall of the crucible. It also allows improved accuracy.
- Fused and homogeneous: Claisse® borate fluxes consist of spherical, homogeneous, and vitreous particles. Each particle has the same composition to prevent segregation and to guarantee the analytical accuracy of user’s analysis. There is no need to recalibrate the instrument each time a new batch of flux is used.
- Consistent quality: No need to stock large quantities of flux or to recalibrate the spectrometer after each order. With Claisse, users can always expect the same superior-quality flux.
- Outstanding fluidity: Claisse borate fluxes are thus easier to handle and weigh
- High density: Claisse borate fluxes are three times denser compared to the other commercial fluxes. They never fill more than half of the crucible, even when fusions for large 40 mm disks are performed. It removes all risks of overflow during agitation.
- Anhydrous: Claisse fluxes have the lowest water content on the market (< 0.05%)
- Non-hygroscopic: Claisse fluxes consist of spherical glassy beads, they are thus non-hygroscopic. A major issue with absorbed humidity is the loss of accuracy in the analytical results. It is caused by the induced error on the mass of flux weighed, and it impacts the sample/flux ratio.
- Non-wetting agents (NWAs) integrated: Claisse fluxes are available with integrated lithium iodide (LiI) or lithium bromide (LiBr). Claisse is aware that adding an inconstant amount of NWAs to the melt can impact the accuracy of an analysis. Users can solve this issue by using Claisse fluxes with integrated NWAs. These fluxes are easier to use and they save users’ time because they do not have to incorporate the NWAs separately during the fusion process.
- Available from stock: In case customers are out of stock or have an urgent request, Claisse will quickly ship the product.
||LiT, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT, Powder Flux, Pure, 500 g
||LiT/LiBr 99.50/0.50, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiBr 99.00/1.00, Pure, 1Kg
||LiT/LiI 99.50/0.50, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiBr 99.50/0.50, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiI 99.50/0.50, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiM, Pure, 1 kg
||LiM, Powder Flux, Pure, 500 g
||LiM/LiBr 98.50/1.50, Pure, 1 kg
||LiM, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiM/LiBr 98.50/1.50, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM 50/50, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiBr 49.75/49.75/0.50, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiBr 49.50/49.50/1.00, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiI 49.75/49.75/0.50, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM 50/50, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiBr 49.75/49.75/0.50, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiBr 49.50/49.50/1.00, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiI 49.75/49.75/0.50, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||Sodium Tetraborate, Pure, 1 kg
||Sodium tetraborate, ultra pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM 67/33, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM, 67/33, powder flux, pure, 500 g
||LiT/LiM/LiBr 66.67/32.83/0.50, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiI 66.67/32.83/0.50, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM 67/33, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiBr 66.67/32.83/0.50, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiI 66.67/32.83/0.50, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM 35/65 (12/22), Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM, 35/65 (12/22), powder flux, pure 500 g
||LiT/LiM/LiBr 34.83/64.67/0.50 (11.94/21.89/0.17), Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiI 34.83/64.67/0.50, Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM 35/65 (12/22), Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiBr, 34.83/64.67/0.50 (11.94/21.89/0.17) , ultra pure, 1 kg
||LiT/LiM/LiI 34.83/64.67/0.50, Ultra Pure, 1 kg
||Boric acid, ultra pure, 500 g
||Lithium Carbonate, Powder Flux, Ultra Pure, 500 g
||Sodium carbonate, ultra pure, 500 g
||Sodium nitrate, powder, 500 g
Oxidizers and Non-Wetting Agents Catalog
||Potassium Iodide, NWA - Crystal, 100 g
||Potassium Iodide, NWA - Crystal, 250 g
||Potassium Iodide, NWA - Solution, 15 ml Bottle
||Potassium Iodide, NWA - Solution, 15 ml Bottle (10-Pack)
||Lithium Bromide, NWA - Crystal, 100 g
||Lithium Bromide, NWA - Crystal, 250 g
||Lithium Bromide, NWA - Solution, 15 ml Bottle
||Lithium Bromide, NWA - Solution, 15 ml Bottle (10-Pack)
||Lithium Iodide, NWA - Crystal, 100 g
||Lithium Iodide, NWA - Crystal, 250 g
||Sodium Iodide, NWA - Crystal, 100 g
||Sodium Iodide, NWA - Crystal, 250 g
||Lithium Fluoride, Crystal, 100 g
||Lithium Fluoride, Crystal, 250 g
||Lithium Nitrate (LiNo3) 500 g
||Sodium Nitrate (NaNo3) 500 g