Malvern Panalytical’s MicroCal VP-ITC is a highly sensitive and easy-to-use isothermal titration calorimeter which can be used to study any biomolecular interactions. This fast, easy, label free and in-solution method offers the information required to characterize the molecular interactions of biomolecules such as proteins, nucleic acids and antibodies.
The affinity data provided by MicroCal VP-ITC gives an insight into biomolecular interactions. Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC) determines the thermodynamics and binding affinity between any two biomolecules. The measurement of this heat change in an ITC experiment allows for precise determination of interaction stoichiometry (n), binding constants (KD), entropy (ΔS) and enthalpy (ΔH), providing a complete thermodynamic profile of the molecular interaction in a single experiment.
The MicroCal VP-ITC is a complete system which does not require reagents, consumables or additional accessories. After the samples have been loaded, the system operates automatically, freeing the user for other tasks.
The main features of the MicroCal VP-ITC are:
- Measures millimolar to nanomolar affinities (KDS) (10-2 to 10-9 M)
- Measures nanomolar to picomolar disassociation constants using competitive binding techniques
- Fixed-in-place cells for reproducible, ultrasensitive performance
- Nonreactive Hastelloy cells for excellent chemical resistance and compatibility with biological samples
- Coin shaped cell optimizes sample mixing
- Precision liquid delivery system for accurate and reproducible injections
- Three user-selectable response times for application versatility
- User-selectable mixing speeds to match sample conditions
- ThermoVac sample preparation and cleaning device
- Peltier controlled for quick temperature equilibration
- Controlled by VPViewer software and data analysis performed with Origin software
This venture provides a great opportunity for Sevion Therapeutics to access the latest biophysical measurement techniques and to help shape future developments. Malvern Panalytical will provide extensive training and continuing support to our teams, and we will benefit both from having extended access to high value instrumentation and from Malvern Panalytical’s technology and applications expertise. We’re especially excited to be adding differential scanning calorimetry to our armory and to being among the first to use the new MicroCal PEAQ-ITC system.
Dr Jim Graziano, Chief Technology Officer, Sevion Therapeutics