Malvern Panalytical offers a modular multi-angle light scattering detector - the Viscotek SEC-MALS 20. The system can be utilized to calculate the absolute molecular weight of synthetic and natural polymers, proteins, as well as the molecular size over the broadest possible range.
The Viscotek SEC-MALS 20 can be used with any existing SEC system, adding the power of light scattering detection for measuring molecular size and weight. Using the advanced GPC software OmniSEC, the signals from the SEC-MALS and other detectors linked to the system can be examined. The Viscotek SEC-MALS 20 can also be bought as part of a complete system package. Part of a range of Viscotek light scattering detectors, the SEC-MALS 20 provides maximum choice of system from one supplier.
The main features of the Viscotek SEC-MALS 20 are:
- Small footprint
- Measures absolute molecular weight and Rg
- Up to 20 angles for more precise results
- OmniSEC, a single powerful software package to control the system and analyze data
- Can be integrated with any existing SEC system
- Sensitive and stable low angle detectors improve precision
- Vertical flow cell with advanced radial optics for enhanced performance
GPC is an integral part of Jordi Labs’ analytical capabilities, The Viscotek systems provide a richness of information not obtained with other instruments. The online filter for the high temperature GPC instruments works well. We previously performed this manually and it was both dangerous and difficult. Online high temperature filtration is a big improvement.
Dr Mark Jordi, President, Jordi Labs LLC
Multi angle light scattering detector - Viscotek SEC-MALS 20