The IKA magic PLANT is a laboratory scale process plant used for batch wise mixing and emulsifying low viscous masses up to masses that are capable of flowing to a minimal extent.
The system can be used for a wide range of applications and is ideal for processing products from the pharmaceutical, food, and cosmetics industries.
The following procedural benefits characterize the magic PLANT:
- processing of extremely small quantities
- high processable product viscosities
- to be utilized as inline-, batch- or powder processing plant
- adjustable intensity of the dispersing/mixing effect
- improved heat transfer from the cooling/heating medium to the product
The key advantages of the magic PLANT include the standardizing of components, the combination of many functions with the ULTRA-TURRAX® UTC T25 or the magic LAB®, and the system’s modular design.
The magic PLANT is available in the following three configurations:
magic PLANT - inline
The magic PLANT inline has efficient and flexibly dispersing machine type IKA® magic LAB® with a three-stage or single stator/rotor system, provided at the bottom part of the vessel. The system ideally matches the needs of batch plants. An efficient homogenizing/dispersing action is achieved by recirculation over the external circulation loop.
The key functions of the magic PLANT inline are given below:
- Recirculation of the product with high shear, i.e. pumping with the dispersing stage at high speed
- Recirculation of the product with shearing, i.e. pumping with the dispersing stage
- Production of turbulences in the mixing vessel’s lower part to prevent sedimentation of the mixing product and the likelihood of treating extremely small quantities
magic PLANT - basic
This model is ideal for a variety of products that need to be mixed. The product’s single components are all combined together in the mixing vessel after which they are mixed with each other. Based on the requirements and quantity of the process, the varied components are introduced to the mixing process through the opened cover or through a dosing socket available in the cover. Even the smallest quantities can be treated because of the vessel’s conical bottom.
The mixing product can be effectively heated by the vessel’s double jacket. The sole mixing tool of the vessel is the centrally arranged stirrer. Wipers are utilized based on the type of stirrer. The bottom outlet valve is used to empty the vessel. However, it is also possible to tilt the vessel or completely remove it.
magic PLANT – powder
This particular configuration of the magic PLANT enables gentle mixing and drying of all three flowing solids, along with products containing varied particle sizes and bulk densities. A unique spiral agitator is used to carry out the mixing process by rigorously mixing the product in tangential and radial directions.
The vessel’s position can be inclined for optimum drying of a variety of humid solids with varying free flowing behavior and bulk densities at uniform humidity and temperature distribution in the entire product area.
The main features of the magic PLANT include:
- Unique stirrer geometry
- Drying of granules and powders
- Total discharge either by tilting of the vessel or through a particular valve at the vessel bottom
- Stirrer speed can be adjusted according to the characteristics of the product
- Improved mixing and drying result by inclination of the entire mixing vessel
- Homogenizing, mixing, and coating of powders