The IKA Mills are batch mills for two different grinding processes:
- Impact grinding of hard, fragile, or non-elastic grinding materials using high-grade stainless steel beater. It is possible for this beater to be used for a Mohs hardness up to 6 (incl. with delivery).
- Cutting grinding for pulverizing soft, fibrous materials using a cutting blade (not incl. with delivery).
- Grinding chamber composed of Tefcel (PTFE, glass fiber-reinforced) with stainless steel inlet (1.4571), useful volume 80 ml (incl. with delivery). For embrittlement of grinding materials using liquid nitrogen in the grinding chamber
- Moist and gluey materials can be pulverized by adding water
- Optionally, a 250-ml grinding chamber is provided