The JEM-2100 Plus Transmission Electron Microscope from JEOL is a multipurpose 200 kV LaB6 TEM that offers solutions for a broad range of applications, from materials science to medical/biological studies, all at an inexpensive cost of ownership.
The JEM-2100 Plus advanced control system enables integration of EDS, STEM and EELS along with remote operation. It also provides enhanced performance through an intuitive operation.
For convenience, the “TEM Center” software exhibits STEM operation, column controls and camera operation concisely on a single screen. The operation is simple and intuitive. At the touch of a button, the operator can readily select a diverse range of illumination modes.
The JEM-2100 Plus is provided with an optional JEOL-made bottom-mount camera named the “Matataki Flash” camera with an advanced sCMOS sensor to obtain images and diffraction patterns.
The JEM-2100 Plus has a goniometer stage of great stability specifically tuned for high-tilt tomographic applications. Another available option is the x/y piezo stage.
The Microscope contains three independent condenser lenses, optimizing probe conditions for any given probe size for various applications like NBD or EDX. This enables enhanced diffraction and analytical abilities, providing quality results effortlessly and swiftly.
The patented JEOL Alpha Selector™ offers the user a selection of different illumination conditions, ranging from full convergent beam to parallel illumination. Lorentz microscopy is a standard feature of this microscope and is evident from the standard incorporation of the objective mini lens. A high-contrast aperture is provided for any choice of polepiece, enabling high-contrast imaging and simultaneous EDS.
The JEM-2100 Plus provides various pumping options together with full dry-pumped/turbo-pumped versions for laboratory environments that do not permit rotary or oil-based pumps.
Image Credit: JEOL USA, Inc.
Key Features of the JEM-2100 Plus
- A broad range of selectable objective lenses depending on the application requirements (HR, UHR, HC, HT, Cryo)
- Crystallographic Micro Electron Diffraction option
- The UHR Objective lens provides superb and effortless atomic/lattice imaging capabilities <0.14 nm with Point-Point resolution guaranteed as low as 0.194 nm
- Nanobeam diffraction and fine probe analysis; probe size is <1 nm
- Tomography-capable providing a huge range of tilt (+80°) and the ability to acquire 3D images with straightforward operation
- Cryo screening abilities